LC9S Blew apart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
FergusonTO35 said:
I agree, except then we have to pay inflated prices to make up for it. Can't have it all I guess.

Explain please. Inflated on what exactly? Are you saying used former-LEO Glocks in your area are expensive?

revhigh

Hawkeye
FergusonTO35 said:
I agree, except then we have to pay inflated prices to make up for it. Can't have it all I guess.

I don't see that or agree with it. Glocks are pretty much $500 .... Have been for years ... Either way ... If you feel the prices are inflated ... You always have the option not to buy because of that. Even if it's true .... People buy them by the millions and don't seem to mind.

REV

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Yes, the cheapest you will find any Glock around here is $379.00 for one with really high miles and one or even no magazine. People are willing to pay it so the price will never go down. And yes, $500.00 has been the average price of a new Glock around here forever so they are a much better deal than they used to be. My 26 I bought new, my 19 and 42 were purchased nearly new with box/mags/tools/documents at a savings of $50.00 each which I think is fair.

hittman

Staff member
Here's some reasonable used Glock prices for you! I've bought from Mark before .... always been happy and shipping was $20 to my local FFL.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

Glock 22 police trades with one 15rd mag $279

Glock 22 IDP marked used police trades night sights one mag no box. $299

Glock 23 police trades night sights 2 mags $339

Glock 33 police trades night sights 1 mag $289

Glock 21 2nd gen police trades 2 mags $345

Rabon

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
Maybe when Ruger stops making flavor of the year CFSA's that aren't mostly subject to recalls, poor quality issues, click no bang issues, and discontinuation after only a few years on the market ... As well as making parts all but unavailable ... I'll try to take them more seriously

Agreed. I love Ruger's core products but these issues cause me to pass on the LC series. The Italian vs. USA magazine thing is just ridiculous.

And people wonder why LEO's rarely (if ever) use them?

In all fairness this is mostly due to Glock's aggressive monopolistic behavior towards the LE market and the fact that most cops don't get to choose what they carry.
You will never see A Ruger pistol in the Military/LE markets until they produce a pistol that can compete in that arena, which they don't.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Here's some reasonable used Glock prices for you! I've bought from Mark before .... always been happy and shipping was $20 to my local FFL.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/index.html

Glock 22 police trades with one 15rd mag $279

Glock 22 IDP marked used police trades night sights one mag no box. $299

Glock 23 police trades night sights 2 mags $339

Glock 33 police trades night sights 1 mag $289

Glock 21 2nd gen police trades 2 mags $345

Wow, never see those kind of prices around here!

Rabon said:
FergusonTO35 said:
Maybe when Ruger stops making flavor of the year CFSA's that aren't mostly subject to recalls, poor quality issues, click no bang issues, and discontinuation after only a few years on the market ... As well as making parts all but unavailable ... I'll try to take them more seriously

Agreed. I love Ruger's core products but these issues cause me to pass on the LC series. The Italian vs. USA magazine thing is just ridiculous.

And people wonder why LEO's rarely (if ever) use them?

In all fairness this is mostly due to Glock's aggressive monopolistic behavior towards the LE market and the fact that most cops don't get to choose what they carry.
You will never see A Ruger pistol in the Military/LE markets until they produce a pistol that can compete in that arena, which they don't.

You nailed it.