Okay...So Convince Me...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Okay...So convince me why I shouldn't buy a Smith & Wesson 9mm Shield over a Ruger LC9s; and yes, I love my Rugers, every last one of them.

The Preacher

str8shot

Bearcat
Have you pulled the trigger on the lc9s pro.
it was an oh my god moment for me.
I have never had my hands on the smith but i would go to the local gun shop and dry fire each one.
i think it'll make up your mind in just a couple trigger pulls

tinman

Buckeye
Better yet, go to your local gun range and rent each. These should have more than enough rounds thru them to have everything smoothed out and broken in.....

welder

Buckeye
Been covered pretty well here.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219734

I have the Shield, I had an LC9. I am happier now.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
welder said:

Sorry, hadn't seen the other thread. Thanks all.

The Preacher

blume357 said:
These Smith and Sig folks are a bunch of liberals that need to go have lunch with their buddy Obama....

LC9s pro all the way.

Regress to name calling? Lol I'm glad that's all you got. Never been called a liberal before. Improve the quality of your argument, instead of increasing the tone. Also improve the knowledge you have about the person you're arguing with. lol

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
buy that which tickles your pickle! choice of personal protection weapon is no different than choice of undrerros. pick the one YOU like. my choice would be the Ruger, my favorite and most durable pistols are Rugers. my son in law bought the S&W. there are no bad choices unless you pick something that you don't like.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Glock 43 for the win!!! 8)

Seriously, go examine them in person and choose what feels right and has the features you want. I promise you won't go wrong that way.

jadek44

Single-Sixer
My LC9 has been a super shooter. No need to waste $$ on the new and Supposidly (SP ) improved stuff. New isn't always better. Just look at Windows 10..... It is YOUR cash, buy what YOU like and not depend on the internet for ANY advise, including Mine ...Have a great Turkey Day ( you can believe that statement. ) :)

welder

Buckeye
The Preacher said:
welder said:

Sorry, hadn't seen the other thread. Thanks all.

The Preacher

You bet and good luck with your choice. :)

reloader

Single-Sixer
I like Rugers, Smiths, and Sigs.. and I always take a sack lunch from home, but I'd be willing to buy my "buddy" Obama lunch at Chipoltes.

DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
blume357 said:
These Smith and Sig folks are a bunch of liberals that need to go have lunch with their buddy Obama....

LC9s pro all the way.

Regress to name calling? Lol I'm glad that's all you got. Never been called a liberal before. Improve the quality of your argument, instead of increasing the tone. Also improve the knowledge you have about the person you're arguing with. lol

I couldn't come up with a better comeback and so I made a poor joke and believe me, it was meant as a joke only.

I really like my LC9s pro but I have not shot it that much... my one semi complaint is that the slide is rusting ..... summer in the south. I wish they made one in stainless.

And I hate to throw this 'blasphemy' out on this forum, but I'm seriously thinking about buying a few Sigs.

reloader

Single-Sixer
I take a liberal out shooting with me up in the mountains at least once a year, and so far I've even brought them back.

revhigh

Hawkeye
blume357 said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
blume357 said:

LC9s pro all the way.
And I hate to throw this 'blasphemy' out on this forum, but I'm seriously thinking about buying a few Sigs.

Don't do it .... If you do you'll have to admit a few of us were right all along ... :D

Don't buy any CZ's either ... For the same reason.

REV

blume357 said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
blume357 said:

LC9s pro all the way.

I couldn't come up with a better comeback and so I made a poor joke and believe me, it was meant as a joke only.

I really like my LC9s pro but I have not shot it that much... my one semi complaint is that the slide is rusting ..... summer in the south. I wish they made one in stainless.

It's all good, we're still cool.
You will enjoy those Sigs!

We'll see if I break down... but I will say that I don't expect them to 'convert' me. here is why.... if I buy a sig for a thousand dollars or more I will fully expect it to be better than any Ruger I own... in fact it better be 3-4 times better.
All I can say is I have a couple Ruger P95's and 89's and they all function flawlessly.

I just got a trigger gage and the trigger pull on my LC9s pro is between 5 and 4.5 lbs. ....

revhigh

Hawkeye
There's no need to spend that much. I paid $379 for my 226 and $249 for my 225. Buy used.

REV