P94 frame casting mark or crack ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
This is my Ruger P94 9mm . I just saw this on the underside of the frame. just forward of the trigger. Does it look like a machine or casting mark or a crack ? To me it looks like a molding mark from casting but I always like a second opinion. I rubbed my finger along it and it is raised very slightly and I put it under my magnifying glass. To me it looks like a casting mark. Thanks for any information.

welder

Buckeye
It looks to me like a casting line.

Does it continue up the side? If it doesn't, I don't think it could be a crack just in that area like that. Maybe some high magnification will tell for sure.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Wow, that is an expensive P94 on GB. As I said in you're other post on the other site it is a Molding mark. Several of us have it. Not complaining, I know you are getting the most info possible.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
If you are talking any marks going from front to back within the trigger guard, it's casting marks. However, if you are talking that line going left to right, it appears, to me, to be a scratch that may have occurred when it was on a display peg hook or something like that at some time.

I did go check mine, sorry it took so long.... I was guilty of fondling mine while they were out, and did not see any lines like you have there.

Try that oil trick.... and let us know.

Latest posts