SR-22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

spanky509

Bearcat
Went to range today with my sr-22. Always been reliable. Today the slide came off. Didn't fly off, just wouldn't stay on after a new mag full of ammo. Great guy at my local range and store owner, we were looking at and everything looked ok. But when we cycled the gun the slide comes off. He suggested a "compare and stare" and got a new on from his store. Sure enough part of the take-down lever had broken off. Will contact Ruger tomorrow and am sure they'll fix it . Gunny at store said he had never seen one fail like that. What say you'all??

tinman

Buckeye
I have one that I use as a training gun for new shooters and just general plinkin out at the farm. I'm guessing it has 2-3 thousand rounds thru it. No issues so far....but I will check that lever for any signs of stress. :idea:

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
spanky509 said:
Went to range today with my sr-22. Always been reliable. Today the slide came off. Didn't fly off, just wouldn't stay on after a new mag full of ammo. Great guy at my local range and store owner, we were looking at and everything looked ok. But when we cycled the gun the slide comes off. He suggested a "compare and stare" and got a new on from his store. Sure enough part of the take-down lever had broken off. Will contact Ruger tomorrow and am sure they'll fix it . Gunny at store said he had never seen one fail like that. What say you'all??

The very early SR 22 production run (301 series, I believe) did have an issue with the "take-down" lever. Ruger is now on "Plan B" with a new style lever. They WILL do you right.

ranger1

Buckeye
spanky509 said:
Below is an old thread from 2012 addressing the same issue shorty after they were introduced in late 2011 and early 2012. BTW, the first year serial number started with 360-.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=141750