LC9s trigger pull ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tlen

Bearcat
My friend recently purchased a new LC9s and the trigger pull measures close to 8#. The LC9s Pro I received last April is a solid 5#. I can find no reason for the higher LC9s trigger pull and can only conclude the striker spring is stronger. 5# is sweet but 8# isn't.
Is an 8# trigger pull for new Lc9s' representative ?

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I just shot a LC9'S the other day at the range it had a great trigger maybe 5lbs gun shot dead on out to 12 yards with white box winchester ammo.

DeadEyeDick

Bearcat
I just received my LC9s Pro last Friday and I have to say, what a pleasure to shoot. The trigger is fantastic compared to any other Ruger I have (except my brace of 45LC's). I was shooting off hand, standing at 10 yds, to a 10" ringer. I hit it ALL 10 times (number of times I shot the gun). Extremely satisfied with this gun and as a bonus it conceals as well as my Glock 42. Great handgun.

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
blume357 said:
Reminds me I need to get one of those scales to measure trigger pull. I suspect mine is 5lbs too... I know it is sweet.

My Ruger LC9S Pro has a really sweet trigger. I compare it to my Walthers PPQ M2 Pistol's trigger which is said to be one of the best and smoothest triggers on any factory made striker fired pistol made today. I carry my Ruger with me almost all the time now days. It's my go to carry pistol now.

I wonder if a fish weighing scales (Mechanical spring loaded or digital) would work and measure the trigger pull weight? I hate spending another $80 to buy one of them trigger pull gages at Gander Mountain. I can't remember who makes the ones that I see for sale at Gander Mountain in Evansville, IN. But I do remember seeing them on the store shelf.

I've used my DeLiar Fishing Scales to measure the trigger pull weight on my Remington Model 660 222 rifle after I had a new Remington trigger installed on it. Remington had a factory recall many years ago for this particular gun and trigger and I finally got the gun smith at Gander Mountain to installed a new trigger that he got from Remington per that recall. It cost me nothing as Remington made the trigger right.

The DeLiar scales also have a measuring tape inside the device so I can not only weight the fish I catch but measure them as well. And the scale works on a calibrated spring and hook system so it does not need batteries. :)

str8shot

Bearcat
would removing the magazine disconnect improve the trigger in the lc9s?
Same as it does in the SR line of pistols?
It made the world of difference in my sr9 and my wife's sr9c