Are You Ready for the Remington RM380?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
After the R51 debacle, they now have re-introduced that pistol, the folks at Remington have come out with a mini 380 acp pistol, the RM380. I won't pass judgment but Oh-Boy!!!!!!!!?????

http://remingtonhandguns.com/rm380

findlayref19 said:
No thanks... I'll stick with my little Sig.

+1

IMAG0308_zps64srg82d.jpg

planetcat

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
What a joke...

I would laugh if I didn't find it so offensive to gun owners.
Words can not even describe what a POS company they are, as well as many of their recent products.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I have no problem with Remington and I am even glad they took Marlin over and did not let them die. My Remlin is great and every Remington Rifle and 1911 that I have had have been great and well made.
I would shy away from this pistol though, after the R51 I do not know what this one will be like. I would wait a couple years and it is nothing that no one else is not offering.

I had a rohrbaugh years ago, it was a PITA to get running right! It never did fully run right. I KNEW that Remington looked familiar!

I agree though, I have a Marlin(gton) 30-30 it's a great little gun!

Maybe Remington can salvage that overpriced expensive design and make it affordable and run right!

Mike J

Hunter
I don't want a .380 anyway but after the R51 fiasco I would wait a long time & see what reports turn up on the forum boards. I definitely wouldn't be an early adapter. I saw a post on another forum just the other day by someone that sent his R51 in a year ago. He said he still hadn't received compensation or a replacement firearm. He is more patient than me I would be raising cane.

revhigh

Hawkeye
It's not a bad looking gun .... But I know nothing of 'the R51 debacle' ... :D

REV

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Mike J said:
I saw a post on another forum just the other day by someone that sent his R51 in a year ago. He said he still hadn't received compensation or a replacement firearm. He is more patient than me I would be raising cane.

Hi,

Sounds like Remington's venturing into waters it's unfamiliar with, and could take a lesson from Ruger? They've got the best known "Buy our gun, send it right back and we'll see if we can make it work" department in the industry! Has everybody forgotten the growing pains with Ruger's own monogrammed "Little Cheap Pistol"?

Time will tell with this one, just as it does with so many new products in these days of turning consumers into beta testers...

Rick C

Mike J said:
I don't want a .380 anyway but after the R51 fiasco I would wait a long time & see what reports turn up on the forum boards. I definitely wouldn't be an early adapter. I saw a post on another forum just the other day by someone that sent his R51 in a year ago. He said he still hadn't received compensation or a replacement firearm. He is more patient than me I would be raising cane.

I agree, on all points!

I also agree with the general consensus that it's not like dealing with one of their proven designs, Remington 870 or 30-30 lever action.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
revhigh said:
.... But I know nothing of 'the R51 debacle' ... :D

REV

Rev, the R51 had a multiple amount of issues when first released to the public. Remington actually pulled it from the shelves of all gun stores after the issues came to light. The most damning problem was that it would fire out of battery, yes, out of battery, resulting in a badly bulged or ruptured case and a possible injury (or death) to those that either shot it or happened to be around the person shooting it.

I think it may have been the worst start of life of any gun that I have ever heard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzS4sQfn4U

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:

REV

Rev, the R51 had a multiple amount of issues when first released to the public. Remington actually pulled it from the shelves of all gun stores after the issues came to light. The most damning problem was that it would fire out of battery, yes, out of battery, resulting in a badly bulged or ruptured case and a possible injury (or death) to those that either shot it or happened to be around the person shooting it.

I think it may have been the worst start of life of any gun that I have ever heard of.

Holy Moly, what a POS!

Back to the 380, what's up with the Smart Phone scanner stamp on the right side of the frame?......................

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Chief_10Beers said:
Back to the 380, what's up with the Smart Phone scanner stamp on the right side of the frame?......................

Hi,

Maybe the result of a little market research? Hi-tech version of "the billboard" as Ruger's version is affectionately called? Hey, maybe even a "Like us on..." message! ;)

Rick C

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Chief_10Beers said:
Cheesewhiz said:
revhigh said:

REV

Holy Moly, what a POS!

And that recall was only a little over a year ago!

Putting the QR reader code on the gun is like sending the owners manual on a CD. What a bunch of morons they are.