LC9 trade in to LC9s for $160 bucks!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
http://www.gunbuyer.com/p-65068-ruger-lc9s-9mm-semi-auto-striker-fired-312-3235.aspx

If you have not done it, WHY??

revhigh

Hawkeye
So they're giving you $150 for a gun you probably paid about $325 or more with tax and fees and you're happy about that ? About a 40% return.

I dont really understand that .... Unless you think it's worth a lot less.

Or I'm not understanding the deal.

REV

roylt said:
http://www.gunbuyer.com/p-65068-ruger-lc9s-9mm-semi-auto-striker-fired-312-3235.aspx

If you have not done it, WHY??

Because there is nothing to be gained. It's a cheap little disposable gun that goes bang when you pull the trigger. And folks bellyached cuz it was too hard for them to shoot. So Ruger thought, "we can get rich off these people". Let's make a striker fired model that does exactly the same thing and sell it to these same folks. And we'll tell these folks they now have an Olympics target pistol. And they'll think the trigger is so smooth. :mrgreen:

Seriously, considering what this gun is meant for, I would prefer the one with the longest, hardest trigger pull, within reason. But if I already had either version, which I do, I would not trade it off for the other.

Now, the other side of this coin...If a feller truly did not like his LC9, and was not comfortable doing a FTF or other sale, most dealers would probably not allow him $160 trade in towards another gun. So the $160 trade-in offer would lend a bit of convenience.

WAYNO.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Why trade one cheap plastic Pistol for another and get ripped in the process ?
REV

hittman

Staff member
My LC9 has a long trigger.

I learned to shoot it just like I learn the little idiosyncrasies on all the different guns I own. Some triggers are longer, shorter, rougher, smoother, and some sites are easier to see than others and the list goes on and on.

I've got over 1,000 trouble-free rounds through my old junky long gritty trigger LC9. I hate to give up that confidence.

revhigh

Hawkeye
You actually fired 1000 rounds thru that thing ? Why ?

I'm guessing you're the only one who's ever done that.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
I don't have an LC9 but if I did & it worked I wouldn't take that deal. Rev is right. Turning what you paid $300 for into $160. That is a loss. I have an old Kel-Tec P11. It isn't pretty but it works & I can shoot it all right out to 15 yards. If I were to sell it now I would definitely lose money. I might as well just keep it. It works. I'm comfortable with it & it is easy to conceal. No point in giving it away. If I had an LC9 I would probably feel the same way.

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:

I'm guessing you're the only one who's ever done that.

REV
I can say that I've easily put over 2K through mine, so to your WHY question... Because I can. I've found to be as good as I can be with a 3" barrel, you actually need to shot the thing.

hittman

Staff member
revhigh said:

Well ...... :oops: that started out as guy-talk bravado (on my part) at the gun range. I've never had confidence in semi-auto's as a carry gun and set out to prove how right I was when a friend challenged me to shoot my LC9 enough to ensure it was reliable. At the range, it had light primer strikes with all types of factory and re-loaded ammo so ..... I won; right? (Nope)

I sent the gun to Ruger and got it fixed for free. There was a whole list of replacement parts on their list I'd never heard of. To further prove my shooting buddies wrong, we packed up the "fixed" LC9 and headed back to the range.

1,000 rounds later ..... it performs perfectly; every time, every shot, with every different magazine and all kinds of ammo. I've carried this LC9 now every day for 2 or 3 months. Something I thought I'd never do.

Talk to gun dealers about this deal Ruger advertised without talking to gun dealers first. Gun dealers (I am one btw), won't give you anything for your trade in. $160, not by a long shot! I have talked to a lot of other gun dealers and most MAY give someone $120 and then try to sell it for $150 to get rid of it. Otherwise what are they going to do with it? They won't be able to get much for it and as such it will sit on the shelf for who knows how long. That doesn't make for good bottom lines to have stock that doesn't sell. They do make some money on the new one, but then they have to buy/stock them (outlay of money with no guarantee of sales). Then what if people don't trade their old ones in, the dealers have money wrapped up in stock that isn't selling.

Gun dealers and even some distributors are not real happy about this deal that Ruger is offering to the public. They (Ruger) won't lose any money, the dealers may.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Exactly .... You'd be lucky to get $120 in trade because these LCWhatevers have no value ... Because they're throwaway guns just like the old Jennings and Rossi's.

Anybody who puts even more money into these LittleCheapPistols is just throwing money away.

Buy em cheap, leave em stock, and use em for what they were meant to be ... A cheap throwaway gun. Otherwise you're just throwing money away ... Which is fine with me if thats what you want to do.

No matter who offers it .... The dealers or Ruger .... It's a crappy deal.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
revhigh said:
Exactly .... You'd be lucky to get $120 in trade because these LCWhatevers have no value ... Because they're throwaway guns just like the old Jennings and Rossi's.

Anybody who puts even more money into these LittleCheapPistols is just throwing money away.

Buy em cheap, leave em stock, and use em for what they were meant to be ... A cheap throwaway gun. Otherwise you're just throwing money away ... Which is fine with me if thats what you want to do.

REV

I would say if they work keep them & use them. If they ever stop working take them back to Ruger & see what they will do to take care of you.

Or maybe Ruger should just recall all LC9 pistols, and ONLY have the LC9s? lol

They could handle it like a free conversion (like they did with the old -> new model blackhawks.

Cubby

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:

REV

You really have a "Hurt" on for the LC9?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Not really ... Just honestly assessing what it is. It is what it is ... A Little Cheap Pistol. Do you deny that ?

REV

Cubby

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Not really ... Just honestly assessing what it is. It is what it is ... A Little Cheap Pistol. Do you deny that ?

REV

Any gun that goes "Bang" every time I pull the trigger is OK in my book! Even if it's a Taurus!