LC9 trade in to LC9s for $160 bucks!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Agreed ... You just gotta know and be realistic about what you got ....

REV

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Since Mr. Fifer in his infinite wisdom took the guns off the CA market, I don't have a dog in this fight, and couldn't get one if I wanted. But from the sidelines, this looks like a gun version of "Cash for Clunkers." I'm sure a few of you guys remember what a rousing success THAT was! ;)

If I had to get out my crystal ball, I'd suggest Mr. F is looking at the clouds on the horizon, they being the stockholders who are or will soon be breathing down his back about how some of his decisions may affect profits and hence their dividends. He's got a cushy job, and quite possibly reason to be concerned about keeping it IMO. Add this program to the strange new SD ammo deal and it looks like someone's grasping at straws to me.

BTW, where's that $160 figure coming from? I only find a benjie here, and that's in the form of a Shopruger.com gift certificate, not a trade in value or contribution toward the price of the new gun: http://ruger.com/news/2015-10-01.html The whole thing looks like an exercise in jumping thru hoops... and Ruger's the only winner at the end. If someone's got a hammer fired LC9 and it works for them, it seems they'll be money ahead to keep it, and if they really want an LC9s, just buy one of 'em outright.

Rick C