Which magazine do I need?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikewriter

Blackhawk
My son just presented me with a Ruger .22 semi-auto his mother stole from me during our divorce over 20 years ago, but it was minus the magazine. He thinks he has it at his home, but just in case and because I would like to have extras, which magazine do I look for? The serial number (11-78xxx), shows this one to have been made in 1973, and it is roll marked Ruger .22 cal Long Rifle Automatic Pistol on the left side of the receiver. Under one grip is stamped A100. All my old memories of this pistol were fond ones, I have been trying to get it back for years, and would like to start resuming my relationship with it - including introducing my current wife to how much pure fun it is to shoot.

tinman

Buckeye
Just google "Ruger A100" and see if those photos are the same gun as you have. If so....... just add the word "magazine for sale" to your search and send that seller some money...... 8)

websterz

Single-Sixer
My Standard Auto was also made in '73. They are fantastic pistols! I taught my daughter to shoot with mine and now it's hers. :)

ranger1

Buckeye
ranger1 said:
mikewriter said:
Thanks. I'm searching the innanet as we "speak"!

Have you looked at ShopRuger.com?
http://shopruger.com/Mark-I-9-Round-Magazine/productinfo/90062/

Forgot to mention that I ordered 2 of these for my A-100 grip frame and they work great. Didn't even have to move the follower button to the other side.

mikewriter

Blackhawk
Thanks, guys. My son found the original magazine and it is on it's way to me now. Also ordered one online for a "spare". Meanwhile, test fired the pistol, single shot, and it functions just fine!