Older P89 conversion question (UPDATE)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

You know now that I think about it, I don't think the little mag release catch part really had to be removed to do the filing down... it probably could have been done even by hand with it still in the grip.

roylt

Hunter
I think the frame wraps just enough to make it impossible to reach the mag catch with a file. I have not had a stripped 89 in my hand in awhile though so could be wrong.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Blume. You bought that off me I'm sure. I know we had a discussion regarding the mags cycling. Think this was the post..... http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196081&hilit=P89

Sounds like you got that figured out and I hope the old oem mags work as well, but if I recall it only came with 2 mags. The Meccgars cycled ok from what I recall, but I never fired that gun. That was part of a package deal I got and already had the P89 safety.

Roy ... I still have yet to fire some of those other P series...LOL. It has been riding season and I have not even checked in here since...well, it's been awhile. Last time at the range and it was with the Charger and some revolvers....

roylt

Hunter
Drop in anytime John. We need more P-nuts around to keep them alive. Motorcycles are nice too though. haha

PAVTXER, yep that's the one. To be honest, I'm not concerned at all if it still works with the older mags... I have 15 or 20 (maybe even more) newer stainless steel mags.... One of the ones that came with the pistol was a little different... I'm not sure if either was even marked as Ruger.... I've got them taped to show they were the originals.... will probably just store them away for a slow day to try on the P89 and other P's ......