Great Day at the LGS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Guy's I had bought a Diamondback DB9 a few weeks ago really not knowing much about them. I knew they were small and would carry good. But after reading up was very disappointed in the gun and company. Mine fired 1 mag through it accurate and with no problems but this is a gun that can't be trusted.
I too it to my LGS (the one that I bought it from) and found a Pristine Ruger P94. It did not have a scratch on it. The LGS just traded me even for the DB9 for the P94. I have had a couple P90DC and they were the best accurate 45 that I have ever shot. So I saw this P94 and just had to have it.
Took it home and broke it down. The grip frame where the slide rides did not even have any wear marks on it. This gun did come in a case but it appears the owner removed the stickers on it (probably not the original case) also came with the owners manual.
Very happy with it. Beats that DB9 by Farr. I will not get to shoot it for a couple weeks, very busy this coming weekend and raining this weekend.
It only came with 1 magazine and this magazine will only hold 10 rounds. Must be from another state or something. Now I have to look and buy a 15 round magazine for it if they made them. This magazine is metal with a plastic bottom that is approx. 1"long and fills half the magazine up. Too bad but I will replace it.
Any way here are some of the pictures, hard to find these old guns in this condition. :)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Wow, that one is really nice. I never noticed the little "island" for the front sight. Are all 94's like that?

Diamondback is pretty awful overall. A big pawn shop chain here had so many problems with them that they put them all on clearance below cost with no returns.

Robes

Single-Sixer
Nothing like a firearm that will not dependably go bang at the critical moment...... How comfortable is the grip? Looks a bit small to me,... but then again, I put Hogue grips on many of mine...

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Guy's thanks for all the comments, I do not know what years had that island on them I know not all of them do. The grips are normal size for the P series just the angle of the picture.
I did get it to the range yesterday, very accurate. More accurate than my M&P9 and my Sig P320. I really did forget how accurate those P series guns were and they just function and work. Old style, clunky, Big but man can they shoot. It is not a carry gun anyway that is what my LC9S and my LCP are for.

Joe in Fl

Bearcat
You did really good, I used to work at DB building AR rifles, I would not trust a DB9 or DB380 for anything but a weight on my catfish trot line, The early rifles were made with quality parts but once the deal with the devil (taurus) was made the quality went down. Its a shame because the owner of DB really tried to make a quality product. The Brazilians really made that hard.