replace take down pin for LCP by Tandemkross?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgang

Bearcat
Does anybody have any experience with the replacement take down pin for a LCP? Are they any stronger than factory pins? I ask because I have sheared the head off the Ruger factory pins using some robust loads. Thanks in advance, dgang

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
So you want to up the strength of your pin in order to fire without breakage because your "robust loads" broke the factory one? Wouldn't one think that maybe your "robust loads" may be a bit too robust and adjust the loads accordingly? If your stock pin broke, wouldn't a stronger pin just beat the crap out of your frame when using your "robust loads"?

Mike J

Hunter
Cheesewhiz said:
So you want to up the strength of your pin in order to fire without breakage because your "robust loads" broke the factory one? Wouldn't one think that maybe your "robust loads" may be a bit too robust and adjust the loads accordingly? If your stock pin broke, wouldn't a stronger pin just beat the crap out of your frame when using your "robust loads"?

Stop making sense. People like you just take the fun out of everything.

dgang

Bearcat
Gee cheesewhis, never thought of that. Maybe I just want carry a hot load for defense. Practice with SAMMI spec but carry something more "robust". Thanks for your imput and not answering the question.

Taterman

Buckeye
Do you really want to trust your life carrying a gun that has a better than average chance of not firing?

Mike J

Hunter
I believe I would rather have a slightly lighter load than have a firearm that ceases to function after one shot in a self defense situation. If a hotter load is desired a 9mm Luger or larger .380 might be something to consider.

dgang said:
Does anybody have any experience with the replacement take down pin for a LCP? Are they any stronger than factory pins? I ask because I have sheared the head off the Ruger factory pins using some robust loads. Thanks in advance, dgang

No personal experience with that particular brand. But according to the manufacturer, their part is within tolerance specs of a Ruger factory part. (So they specify that it's at least as strong as Ruger's part)

If the gun doesn't perform the way you intend a self defense firearm to perform (not even getting into the discussion of how it will now be operating outside of factory standards) why not get a gun that DOES perform the way you intend it to?

Just a thought...

RalphS

Single-Sixer
I bought the Tandemkross take down pin for my LCP. It fit in the hole but the slide would not move back. The pin was a couple thousands thicker than my factory pin. I contacted Tandemkross and they said they would look for a pin that was thinner. They never got back to me.

I tried to file the pin down a couple thousands and eventually got the slide to move but by that time the pin was a mess and I didn't trust it.

Tandemkross never followed up with me and never offered a refund.