P345r

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
I have owned a P345 decocker model for about 3 years ago and have found it to be completely reliable and fairly accurate for my needs. However I did two mods on it by removing the mag safety and installing a lighter hammer spring. In fact this P345 is my nightstand pistol these days and I have 100% confidence in it.

Years ago... One of my first "real" handguns, I spent hours, days and nights training with, a Ruger P97. (KP97DC to be exact) It was VERY accurate! Night and day difference between my P89 it replaced.

The P97 was the gun that got me into serious shooting and subsequently on this forum, in fact.

I had roughed up the frame with scotch bright, eliminating the glossy finish, bought 2 extra magazines to accompany the 2 it came with, acquired a nice leather holster, and even added a Hogue rubber wrap-around grip.

Ruger even fixed it when the slide stop popped out while shooting. (I had a thread on this whole process) it turned out well.

This gun was the MORE reliable of my only two handguns at the time (the other being a Springfield 1911 GI stainless .45) I shot it better as well having better sights. Those GI sights were terrible!

It was my pride and joy, I had almost 1000 rounds through it before I sold it off.

Ruger then announced the P345! The latest greatest whiz bang replacement for the P90 and P97. A certain buddy of mine just HAD to get the KP345RDC (stainless railed P345 decock) model. From the moment it exited it's box, it was plagued with problems. (I also have a thread on this.) It didn't turn out so well

Click-no-Bang was a big issue. Also, the inability of this gun to cycle correctly through extended shooting sessions, led it to be sent back to Ruger... over 3 times. He finally sold it to a local dealer, full disclosure, for very cheap.

Throwback to 2 years ago.

He picked up a SR45 which started out great with only slightly problematic magazine release, it has since worked itself out and runs OK now.

I on the other hand chose the Sig P227...

IMAG0111_zpsbc3f878a.jpg

IMAG0109_zps7adf9277.jpg

This gun Shoots!

We purchased our guns at the same time, I lucked out and got it for not much more than he paid for his SR45.

Both guns hold 10 rounds.

His required several rounds to break it in. Mine was good to go out of the box (accuracy and reliability)

It's every bit as good as my Sig P220SL.

I'm happy and won't look back. Enjoy your P345.

loaded round

Hunter
I've posted on the Forum several times before and have to run my mouth again. I own both a Ruger P345D W/ a rail and a Sig P227 since I happen to buy what turns me own and I do shoot what I buy. My sig P227 is a great pistol OTB, well made, dependable, and very accurate with anything I run thru. it. On the other hand, my Ruger P345 is also dependable, not quite as accurate and had cost half as much. My P345 is my ''loaded nightstand/household firearm and my P227 is my go to action shooting pistol. So ''different strokes for different firearms''.