Argh CZ woes!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dead reliable and accurate, just like my 75b stainless, my SP01 Tactical is a great gun.

But I'm having a hard time warming up to the manual of arms with its DC lever.

Love the DC mechanism on the Sig. Thought I would on the CZ, it's just too far out of place.

Considering trading my CZ75 SP01 Tactical for a model that utilizes the standard safety mechanism... THIS is a tough call...

hittman

Staff member
Cheesewhiz said:
You are hilarious, the decocker on a CZ is a simple flick of a thumb.

Unless you're left-handed .......... :x We're used to stuff that is inconvenient by design ........ we just learn to live with it.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Left handed Sig?

for you wrong handed.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/042013700709_Decocking-Lever-Lh-Sp01

revhigh

Hawkeye
I wouldn't want any CZ I owned to be any different than a standard 75B which operates exactly like a 1911. It's one of the things I've never liked about my Sigs. I really don't like decockers ... By the way ... I know it is one, which is why for me it's a range gun only ... Unless I really needed it to be for self defense.

For me ... The std 75B is the epitome of perfection in ergonomics, accuracy, controls, reliability, and beauty. There's no more perfect 9mm auto. My Sigs are slightly more accurate, but the CZ has the WHOLE package.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Dead reliable and accurate, just like my 75b stainless, my SP01 Tactical is a great gun.

But I'm having a hard time warming up to the manual of arms with its DC lever.

Love the DC mechanism on the Sig. Thought I would on the CZ, it's just too far out of place.

Considering trading my CZ75 SP01 Tactical for a model that utilizes the standard safety mechanism... THIS is a tough call...

I'd dump any decocker for a std 75 Safety model.

BTW ... Would you like some cheese ? ..... To go with that whine ??? :D

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Rev, the CZ decock is a very well thought out design. It's one of the only ones that can be used while maintaining a two hand combat style hold without changing the hold at all. I agree that the safety models are pretty much genius but some guys like a decocker for a defense pistol. I disagree about your accuracy point, I destroy Sigs on a regular basis with my CZ's.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

And here I opened this thread thinking there was actually a problem with a CZ! Glad to hear it's just another case of "you've gotta be smarter than the gun you shoot-itis." Since I've never exactly figured out the problem decockers are supposed to solve, my own personal level of "smarter than..." stops at the 75B, which I'm quite happy with.

Rick C

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
Rev, the CZ decock is a very well thought out design. It's one of the only ones that can be used while maintaining a two hand combat style hold without changing the hold at all. I agree that the safety models are pretty much genius but some guys like a decocker for a defense pistol. I disagree about your accuracy point, I destroy Sigs on a regular basis with my CZ's.

You mean you destroy the Sig's shooter ... :D

REV

DGW1949

Hunter
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

And here I opened this thread thinking there was actually a problem with a CZ! Glad to hear it's just another case of "you've gotta be smarter than the gun you shoot-itis." Since I've never exactly figured out the problem decockers are supposed to solve, my own personal level of "smarter than..." stops at the 75B, which I'm quite happy with.

Rick C

Hey Rick, I'm worse than you on that......Heck, I've yet to even figure out the problem that inventing a DA fire control group was supposed to solve. :lol: .

DGW

I would consider all of us here, smarter than the guns we own/shoot. Otherwise we have no business with firearms as we could be stupid/dangerous with them.

On the CZ I just feel I may prefer the safety over the dc mechanism. Personal preference really. I'm just torn. Think I may get the safety model. But then it's not "tactical" :-( lol sarcasm.

revhigh said:
Youre just a mall ninja at heart DA ....

REV

OK Lee, what defines me as a mall ninja?

Since you're such an expert on the subject..

Which one of these dudes is you?

segway_1_zpsfpu7tjj4.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
revhigh said:
Youre just a mall ninja at heart DA ....

REV

OK Lee, what defines me as a mall ninja?

Since you're such an expert on the subject..

Which one of these dudes is you?

segway_1_zpsfpu7tjj4.jpg

The one in the back dummy ... I aint no cannon fodder to no Mall ninja ..... :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
That's easy ... So it could be carried safely when it was already in SA mode yielding the same trigger pull every time ... Cocked and locked.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
On the CZ I just feel I may prefer the safety over the dc mechanism. Personal preference really. I'm just torn. Think I may get the safety model. But then it's not "tactical" :-( lol sarcasm.

DA, if you ever wanted to play around and make a CZ even a bit more range friendly as far as getting the trigger to break at a little lighter pull or possibly add an adjustable trigger, the safety models are the way to go. The decockers don't lend themselves to the mods as well as a safety model does.

Cheesewhiz said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:

DA, if you ever wanted to play around and make a CZ even a bit more range friendly as far as getting the trigger to break at a little lighter pull or possibly add an adjustable trigger, the safety models are the way to go. The decockers don't lend themselves to the mods as well as a safety model does.

Outstanding advice! Thank you.

I've decided to move forward with this.

I'll be replacing the SP01 Tactical with the safety version soon.

I'll update this post shortly when the deal is done.