new Ruger 22/45 lets talk Reflex or Red dot sights....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
Just got my a new Ruger 22/45 on the way.
ruger-10149-736676101498-1.jpg

Will make this my suppressed plinker......
I know I am gonna slap a light/ laser combo under the barrel; most likely a Viridian C5L or a Streamlight TLR4 under the barrel.

What I don't know if if I want to go holo relfex sight or a red dot tube sight.....

I have never purchased or shot with a holo sight, I have held em in my hand and looked at em but, never really used them.
Not sure if I would like it or not and was looking for some insight or thoughts before I threw the money out.
Right now I am trying to decide between the Vortex Venom or the Vortex Sparc ii for this 22/45.

Whatcha think?

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
So I went with the TRS25 red dot for now.....

20877778143_461fe57590_b.jpg

I have a Vortex Venom holo sight on order, when it comes in I will see which one stays on mine and the other will go on the wifes 22/45 Hunter.

davb45

Bearcat
Burris Fastfire on my 22/45. I installed the Tactical Solutions upper w/ picatinny rail and sights. The Fastfire I already had and was an easy install / upgrade. Easy to dial in. Works great suppressed or not.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I had a $40 reflex sight on a 22/45. Could never understand why a re-branded chinese $40 sight sells for $200-300!
It worked well enough for fading eyesight, but zero magnification is the over-riding factor. Pistol scopes with magnification let me shoot better. The reflex sights just let me shoot faster (more ammo, same accuracy).

There is a benefit for aging eyes, in that a single focal plane is faster than two hard sights...