new to meP95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44-357

Single-Sixer
last week I got a new looking P95dc 9mm for $200 no box nor extra mag.I fired it yesterday and it did very nice.it handles great and will make a good match to my p97 45apc.it is a later p95 with the rail on the frame.they are great little guns.

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
Damn!, wish I could stumble onto something like that. My P-95 is a late 90's model no rail and it is a tank that eats anything.

44-357 said:
last week I got a new looking P95dc 9mm for $200 no box nor extra mag.I fired it yesterday and it did very nice.it handles great and will make a good match to my p97 45apc.it is a later p95 with the rail on the frame.they are great little guns.

$200 is a great price, but FWIW, I probably would have used it on ammo or towards a better gun.

44-357

Single-Sixer
I have a few rds been making em since the early 1980s been ready for this crap storm before most were born. i was a boy scout and whats the motto ?

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
44-357 said:

$200 is a great price, but FWIW, I probably would have used it on ammo or towards a better gun.

Better put your flame suit on ...

You'll now be told that these guns sell for $350+ and be given a bunch of gunbroker ads. :D

REV

Al James

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
44-357 said:

:roll: Not worth much.

Great deal on a great gun OP! Shoot the crap out of it and you will still sell it for $100-150 dollar profit. Nevermind what the haters think you should have bought instead.

Al James

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Lol. I even agreed that it was a great price. I still stand by what I say though.

Ha, ha, you two Ruger forum dwelling Ruger haters are just so funny. The guy is excited about his new P95 and you tell him he should have saved his money for a better gun or some ammo.

Its no small wonder you think he should have saved his money for more ammo.....last week you posted [on a Ruger forum] how excited you were about purchasing a 50AE Desert Eagle. The same poster that calls P series pistols bulky and not so ergonomic buys a 4.5lb gas operated semiauto pistol. :shock:

You need to realize that many people that own and appreciate Ruger products have the financial ability to buy whatever pistol they want. I have owned many of the pistols that you tout here on the RUGER forum, for my uses they do nothing better than a Ruger pistol. The Ruger pistols that I have owned have all been 100% reliable, accurate enough for my uses, and best of all....Made in America. And thankfully, they don't come with a free annual membership in the GSOA [Gun Snobs of America] club either.

These save your money up and buy a real gun posts are not only presumptive....but also border on rude IMO. Just a thought :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Lol. I even agreed that it was a great price. I still stand by what I say though.

I warned ya DA ... Now you went and riled up the fanbois. :D

FYI .... They go for $200-250 where I am too.

CDNN sold brand new 95's for $249 several years ago. Had them on sale for several months at that price. I was the one who posted the heads up that CDNN had them for that price.

aljames should put a few 95's up for sale in our classifieds at $350 and see how fast they sell ..... :D

REV

Osage

Bearcat
44-357:

Ignore them their ego shows, you know you made a hell'va good purchase on a rock solid hangun. At that price I would have bought it in a heartbeat and yes so would have they.

Al:
Its interesting you should say that, I couldn't agree more. Among the handguns I own some are high end and some aren't, including a Walther P5 and a Ruger P89, but price does not make a reliable and accurate firearm. FWIW, by personal choice I don't own any Sig's or Smith's.

Osage

Al James

Hunter
Rev, the classifieds here generate fairly low traffic and do not seem to bring full market price on some items including P95's. What items sell for here in fixed price ads, on a relatively low traffic forum classified section, do not indicate a true market value. Sorry, but they just don't. BTW the last P95DC I posted in the classifieds for sale here was for $300. NO box or paperwork, 1 mag. Sold in 3 minutes. Literally. And the last one I bought here was a KP95DPR15 and I paid $350 for it.

Also, there are regional price differences just as there is with real estate, cars, groceries, gas, etc. When it comes to guns all of the regional price differences disappear when using resources such as Gunbroker. I personally list a few items here and if they don't sell here they end up on Gun Broker and usually bring more than what I had them listed here for.

Also Rev, I'm not sure what CDNN's price in 2007 has to do with 2015 prices? Nationally, P gun prices are way up Rev. Against all of your wisdom I bought every clean Decock only P gun I could find and afford starting around 2007 when they were discontinued. My experience has always been that when a company stops making something good [decock only P guns] price and demand will increase.

Recently I have been leaning out my gun collection quite a bit in order to finance other adventures, the last 5 metal framed P guns that I have sold on Gunbroker have all closed well north of $400. Rev, one of your personal favorites [the P91DC] just sold for $500.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=227683

And these are ALL penny start auctions with no Reserve. In other words, its what buyers are ACTUALLY paying. These were sold on Gunbroker with a national audience, not sitting on a bottom shelf in some depressed city. Those are the real world prices Rev. Not my fantasy land or your circa 2007 pricing.

I remember when you used to tell me that you could buy LNIB P guns all day long for $200 when they were selling on Gunbroker for $300. I told you then that you should get your FFL and start selling them for a profit on Gunbroker. Your response was that you could not be bothered to only make $100[50%]. Well now you would be at 100-150% profit on those lousy, good for nothing, P shooters. Are those margins still not worth your time Rev?

I'm sorry you missed the boat Rev. But according to you its still parked in your area, so its not too late. :D You and the other haters can keep posting on the Ruger Forum about passing up $200 p guns for more ammo or a "better" gun all you want, I'll be at the bank :wink:

I have one with a rail and mounted a Streamlight on it. It is my night stand gun. Dead on reliable and heavy enough for use as a club if needed....... Paid $265 NIB out the door. Dang good buy IMO. Not a good carry choice, but serves it's intended purpose well.

Dave

revhigh

Hawkeye
Heliman said:
I have one with a rail and mounted a Streamlight on it. It is my night stand gun. Dead on reliable and heavy enough for use as a club if needed....... Paid $265 NIB out the door. Dang good buy IMO. Not a good carry choice, but serves it's intended purpose well.

Dave

Agreed Dave ... I've always liked the 95's, I wouldn't go out of my way to own one, but I've shot several and it was ok for a cheap 9. It's why I posted the link years ago when they were going for $249 brand new ... I knew lots of people here like anything Ruger, and the cheaper the better. Reliable as a rock, just big and bulky and not very accurate.

The price you paid says it all. At $250 nib ... Better than any hi point, for sure. After having extremely bad luck with 2 Pee guns ... An 89, and a 91 .... Both with absolutely horrendous accuracy ... I'm done with them ... And I don't want to try to peddle them either for a measly $50-100 a pop on gunbroker ... Don't need the money that bad for the hassle involved. They don't sell in my area well at all. They're good nightstand or truck or tackle box guns, but when it comes to accuracy at the range ... Which is what 99.999% of gun owners do if they're not shooting cans or old monitors ... Fuhgettaboutit. :D

How many people on this forum have ever actually used a gun to shoot someone in self defense ? Probably close to ZERO ... If not zero ... so I have no use for guns that are 'minute of torso accurate' or 'paper plate accurate' or 'combat accurate' or any of the other cute catchy phrases that try to justify handguns that have lousy accuracy.

If the guns you own have acceptable accuracy for your tastes ... No matter the brand ... GREAT ! Enjoy them and don't worry about what anybody else says. But don't try to pretend that there's not HUGE differences in accuracy, quality, machining, and level of fit and finish in higher level (which usually means higher priced ... But not always) guns. I bought my Sig P226 used in like new condition for $399, and my Sig P225 for $249 .... Both used, both like new from CDNN when the West German police upgraded to newer guns. Both are 20+ years old and they're the most accurate 9mm semi autos I've ever seen.

REV

welder

Buckeye
Picked up a couple parts kits on GB for mine, everything but the frame, along with assorted extras to keep my P series going for lifetimes to come. Also just received 10 new 15rd mags for them for 20 bucks a pop. Got my springs back when they were available from Midway along with some from Ruger as late as last year. I haven't needed to change a part or spring yet though.

A "P" gun resides in every vehicle I own and you might find a couple more around the shop or on the boat. Low cost back up insurance for me.
I pick up every one I see in 98% condition and will continue to do so, I never have a problem selling them either as they have a good following still.

Latest posts