Uplula loader

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Anybody use the Uplula loader for SR9 17rnd mags? Are they worth the $$?

UpLula1-456x456.jpg

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Yes, they're worth it. I got one as a gift a few years back and first thought "what the hell do I need this for? I can just use my hands like I always have to load magazines."

Now that I have one and use it regularly I wouldn't want to go back to the older more tiresome method of reloading.

tinman

Buckeye
The girlfriend has one and says that she likes it. She recommends it.... 8)

Toucan

Bearcat
Oh Yea.....there worth it. Sure saves on fingers and thumbs when loading tight 17 round mags.

eveled

Hawkeye
Mine works great on every magazine I've tried it on. Single stack, double stack, 9mm .4acp. A true universal tool. You are going to wonder how you ever got by without it.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Another positive vote and it's worth every penny. I use mine to load both single stack and double stack 9 mm mags and have lent it to friends to load .40 and .45 mags. Truly a "one size fits all" tool.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Clovishound said:
Never used the Uplula. You do know that Ruger ships a very functional, easy to use, magazine loader with the SR9? Mine works great.

That doesn't ship with the SR9E, but I did take a look at it on their site. $10+shipping, and it didn't look all that great. This weekend I can get the Uplula locally tax free (normally 7.5%), w/10% discount on top of that, and no shipping charge. But thanks anyway. :)

I'm figuring on that and some other stuff (ammo, mags, etc.) also, so I'll save 17.5% off everything I buy. :mrgreen:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Clovishound said:
Never used the Uplula. You do know that Ruger ships a very functional, easy to use, magazine loader with the SR9? Mine works great.
Yeah but it doesn't work on a lot of other mags. If you own more than one gun and in more than one caliber and/or magazine type, the UPLULA replaces a whole bunch of loaders. I used to carry four different models of HKS magazine loaders, now I carry one UPLULA.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Well, saved about $40 today. Got the Uplula and some ammo, and other stuff. The Uplula will not fully load a SR9 17rnd mag. I can get 16 in, but the way it works it won't load the 17th rnd. I can live with that trade off :)

eveled

Hawkeye
I find that very hard to believe. Not saying I don't believe you, but I suspect you aren't using it right.

Put the magazine base flat on the table, squeeze the uplula, then push down against the table. The last round should slide right in.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
eveled said:
I find that very hard to believe. Not saying I don't believe you, but I suspect you aren't using it right.

Put the magazine base flat on the table, squeeze the uplula, then push down against the table. The last round should slide right in.

Never mind. I miss counted. It's been a long day.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
redbone9 said:
just bought one cant wait til it gets here

You're gonna love it. I loaded and unloaded my mags several times with it just to get the hang of it, and because it was fun. My wife thought I'd lost it (my mind that is). :wink: :lol: