Taurus Curve

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
Um, better you than me comes to mind. It seems like the answer to a question that wasn't asked. No snag .380? What snags on an LCP. I'll pass... :mrgreen:

Mike J

Hunter
I don't want one of these but I do find them interesting. I wouldn't mind some range time with one & a box or two of ammunition to play with.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
This is Taurus thumbing their nose at ATFE. Gun/wallet holster, viola! Not all guns were designed in the 1920's !

The gun you have on your person is the only gun that'll save your life.

graygun

Hunter
Some don't like a .380 for carry but a for pull-and-pop emergency it could do well. It might be a good choice for a wife,sister,mother,daughter as well.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
what about an opposite curve for us leftys ? lol . no thanks i'll stick with my lcp

tinman

Buckeye
The "end-all-be-all gun ain't been invented yet. I applaud anyone willing to keep searching for it. You never know what a non traditional item may develop into.
As an aside, if it was chambered in 9mm would there be more interest?

tuna

Bearcat
I'd actually like to try it before just being an internet anti taurite. The Taurus guns I've had have had no problems. I like the idea of the curve, I'd really like to give it a shot, pun intended.

I held one of these in the gun store the other day. I was actually scared to try it in the range. It felt like it was going to fall apart. I took home a 938 instead.

If a Taurus, probably a 85 would appeal to the safety conscious gun owner.

finesse_r

Single-Sixer
I like the Taurus TCP in .380 for a pocket pistol. Light, reliable, accurate, and a great trigger and made in Florida, not Brazil like other Taurus pistols. For 25 years I carried a S&W 649 as a pocket pistol, but the last two years, all I carry for a pocket pistol is the TCP .380.

Not a great choice for self-defense in a big shoot out, but it is easy to carry so it is always with me. If traveling or going into a bad neighborhood, I also pack something a little larger.

tinman

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
As far as I know all current models are still on recall till further notice by Taurus. They are giving over 6 million dollars in refunds.

I was at Academy two days ago and they were still in the display cases......