P-nut test, What is out of place in this picture?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
You guys are correct. I posted in the smith section too.

Made a DAO into SA/DA.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
....Made a DAO into SA/DA.

That's cool. I've gone the other way - SA/DA into a DAO.

One question though - without any decocker / safety lever, once you get it going in SA, how do you lower the hammer when you decide to quit?

Looks like it could get exciting lowering the hammer by "holding" the hammer and pulling the trigger to be able to gently lower the hammer to its resting spot.

roylt

Hunter
Shoot to empty.
Unload by hand. (Drop mag and rack slide to eject live round. Like clearing a jam.)
Thumb the hammer down like a 1911 or revolver.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
WOW this is awesome to hear ! Let us know , if you dont mind , how you did it. I am familiar with the slides and have detail-stripped them all the way down but never a frame.

roylt

Hunter
Real easy.
1. Drop a standard (SA/DA) hammer into the frame.
2. Grind the slide to have clearance for the new hammer. (The DAO unit just has a "pocket" for the bobbed hammer to fall into.)

tercel89

Single-Sixer
Sir I hate to make you go through the trouble of doing this , but could you please post a picture of the slide where you had to grind the area for the new hammer ?
Any information is appreciated ! This is just amazing to me ! I have passed several P-series pistols jusy because they were DAO . This is awesome !

roylt

Hunter
I cross posted in the smith section too. There is a pic of the slide. Any questions just ask.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=226242

A lot of guns have no safety so I don't get why people say there is a liability??

This is just like any revolver. Thumb the hammer down.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Looking at just the pic, and none of the comments, I'll take a guess that it's a DAO converted to DA/SA.

No safety though so kinda a liability....

No liability at all with no "outer" safety . The P-series have an internal safety that rasies a small bar and pushes a safety plunger which releases the firing pin.
Plus the main safety should be a person's brain , just my $0.02

tercel89

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
I cross posted in the smith section too. There is a pic of the slide. Any questions just ask.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=226242

A lot of guns have no safety so I don't get why people say there is a liability??

This is just like any revolver. Thumb the hammer down.

Thanks roylt ! This is just awesome !!!