MARK III

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
jonnb33 said:
will not eject or re rack a shell?

jonnb33 ... First of all welcome to the forum. Secondly, I don't believe that you have provided enough info for us to help. Is the spent casing stuck in the chamber and won't extract/eject or allow the next round to be loaded, or are you getting a "stovepipe" where the spent casing is extracting but not fully ejecting?

I had a MK2 that would (fail to extract) fully sometimes. The case wouldn't fully eject, thusly, the new cartridge couldn't chamber. Messy jam and hard to clear.

The extractor on my bolt had gotten chipped. Ruger sent me a new one and I replaced it.

Good as new!

I may get a MKIII

jonnb33

Bearcat
IT DOESN'T TOVE PIPE, I HAVE TO MANUALY PULL THE SLIDE BACK TO EJECT AND RELOAD

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
jonnb33 said:
cheap eagle brand

Is it a sub-sonic round or a hi-velocity round. If it is sub-sonic, it very well may not have the power
to cycle the bolt properly.

most 22's you "need" to find which brand of ammo ( and the proper size) in this case 22 LONG RIFLE, works the best all to easy in this case to simply say "try another box of 22 LR's" see what happens.......................then it becomes a process of elimination to find out whats going on,starting with a total PROPER cleaning and check that all the parts are functioning, you can do this with some "dummy" rounds and hand feeding and cycling the action.......

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
That's the BEAUTY of trying another brand of .22 rimfire ammunition, to eliminate the possibility of the "eagle brand" being at fault and not operating well in your pistol. :roll: There's no sense in swapping out parts until you target the issue and what might be causing any failures. That's just basic Gunsmithing 101. Do the obvious thing first.

If you can get your hands on some CCI Mini-Mags, those normally work very well in new Ruger Mark pistols. When you mention "eagle brand", my thought was maybe you were trying some of the American Eagle "Suppressor" variety, at around 920 FPS. Those may not work well in a ~NEW~ pistol until the springs develop "set" and reach their working lengths. Once you get several hundred rounds through your Ruger pistol, these guns will digest just about any .22 rimfire, except for the hyper-velocity, which is NOT recommended by Ruger. Recently, I've even been working with CCI Quiet ammunition to get that stuff to feed & cycle in a 22/45, and am almost there.

Latest posts