Off topic, My latest knife build.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Moderators, I wanted to show my latest work. Please feel free to move or delete as you think best.

Now and then I like to make a knife. This one I made of 440C stainless,9 3/4" long, and Elk horn handle with brass trimmings. Made from bar stock, I have somewhere around 50 hours into it. I will be making the sheath for it also.
Every Single Action rig needs a good knife to compliment it. Don`t you think? :wink:

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
Very nice looking knife! A little reminiscent of a Randall design great job on the fit and finish!

roylt

Hunter
Nice but where is the single to go with it? Lets see them together.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
WendyZXZ said:
That is a beautiful knife and very nice work!

Hi,

Chuck, that's high praise right there, coming from a "Randall Girl" as it does!

I like the way you caught the reflections in the blade, too--nice touch to a gorgeous knife.

Rick C

Rick Courtright said:
WendyZXZ said:
That is a beautiful knife and very nice work!

Hi,

Chuck, that's high praise right there, coming from a "Randall Girl" as it does!

I like the way you caught the reflections in the blade, too--nice touch to a gorgeous knife.

Rick C

Thank you Rick! I was lucky enough to inherit 3 Randall knives from my Dad and got a very nice one as a birthday present quite a few number of years ago from my brother as a thanks for all I have done for him over the years. Those three are going to nephews and the niece. A couple of years ago I passed on the bird and trout Randall to my nephew by marriage who has been a part of my life since he was 8 or so, he is soon to be 15. The other 2 I inherited go to my brother's 2 children when they are get a little older. Riley showing off the Randall he received:

He is into fishing and bird hunting so that a was a perfect present for him. His grandmother who is in the picture and at that time just diagnosed with terminal cancer wanted to get him a gun since shooting, hunting, fishing, camping, and all were and are a part of the family tradition got him this Henry .22:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Great pictures, Wendy, and I hope passing on your Dad's knives will mean as much to the kids over the years as it did to you to receive them first. Did I mention, I'm still adoptable? Well, at least for now. Wyandot Jim may be getting close to an offer! :lol:

Rick C

Rabon

Single-Sixer
Chuck 100 yd said:
Moderators, I wanted to show my latest work. Please feel free to move or delete as you think best.

Now and then I like to make a knife. This one I made of 440C stainless,9 3/4" long, and Elk horn handle with brass trimmings. Made from bar stock, I have somewhere around 50 hours into it. I will be making the sheath for it also.
Every Single Action rig needs a good knife to compliment it. Don`t you think? :wink:
You do some very nice work.