Ruger warranty

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fast ed

Bearcat
I had an American made mag for my lc9s that would not stay in the pistol. I bought this magazine one used from a dealer. I called Ruger and they mailed me out a new one under my gun warranty. This one is made in Italy. Great customer service.

I'm still confused about there being two different manufacturing origins for Ruger LC9 mags. It's almost like the age old Beretta debate. Weather the Italian ones are better than the USA ones. lol

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
The Italian company is Mec Gar, they are the best mag maker in the world. Sig's, CZ's, Beretta's are all Mecgar mags. The DOD bought some crap mags awhile back that were made in the U.S. to make some congressman happy, dumbest thing ever.

fast ed

Bearcat
I used the new magazine this weekend. Perfect. Also twice the weight of the junk USA mags.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
I have both the USA and the Italian made magazines for my LC9S and neither one has cause me any problem.

RSIno1

Hunter
Cheesewhiz said:
The DOD bought some crap mags awhile back that were made in the U.S. to make some congressman happy, dumbest thing ever.
They even banned the soldiers from buying their own to try and coverup how bad they were.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
It's been quite a long time since Ruger started "outsourcing" magazine production. From what I recollect, Mec-Gar in Italy is now making Ruger magazines on tooling that
Ruger owns and over-sees. Here's one of my LC 9 magazines, purchased from Ruger.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
D A Wood said:
It's been quite a long time since Ruger started "outsourcing" magazine production. From what I recollect, Mec-Gar in Italy is now making Ruger magazines on tooling that
Ruger owns and over-sees. Here's one of my LC 9 magazines, purchased from Ruger.

almost as beautiful as a Da Vinci!

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Looks like all my Sig and CZ mags say made in Italy.

Who makes the USA LC9 mags? Ruger? An aftermarket company can do better?
According to Ruger, those are made by Checkmate Industries..http://www.checkmateindustries.com/handgun

Latest posts