LC9 add hogue?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Anyone done this? Worth the 8 bucks? Or just make your draw sticky because of the rubber grabbing your shirt or whatever.

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
I use one, had to trim so it'd fit w/o hooking up the magazine. No issue with presentation. fit's my hand better feels better to shoot. For me, worth the $8.

roylt

Hunter
Thanks. I figure for 8 bucks it is worth a try. Should be here Sat.

cluznar

Bearcat
My friend has an LC380 and glued a piece of thin mouse pad to the back half of the grip so it wraps around, then put a Hogue rubber grip over it. WoW! It shoots as soft as a .32 acp. He uses this gun for carry also.

Yes! I read about this somewhere. That using a piece of mouse pad down the backstrap then wrap the whole grip with a Hogue rubber grip does GREAT for the shootability of the gun.

roylt

Hunter
I just put a Handall Jr on my glock 43. It was tight. No way to get a mouse pad under there too. I did have to trim about 1/4" off the bottom to match the length. Felt good dry firing. Hopefully get to the range soon.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
What, no love for Talon Grips?
I have them on my Kahr carry piece and like them .

http://talongungrips.com/grips/ruger/lc9s.html

roylt

Hunter
I was thinking Talon but figured the hogue was almost a third of the price. I also have used the hogue on my full size guns and liked the palm swell they add. Who knows, I may end up with Talon at some point. I still feel young in my gun hobby.

Cheese, will you post a picture of the LC9 with the Talon on. Thanks,

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
roylt said:
I was thinking Talon but figured the hogue was almost a third of the price. I also have used the hogue on my full size guns and liked the palm swell they add. Who knows, I may end up with Talon at some point. I still feel young in my gun hobby.

Cheese, will you post a picture of the LC9 with the Talon on. Thanks,

I'm sorry if my post mislead you. I don't have an LC9, I have a Kahr CM9 with the Talon "hockey tape" grip wrap. They also make a rubberized one now but I like the grit, one of my holsters keeps it off my skin or a t-shirt works. The Talon really helps as I only get about one and a half fingers on the grip.

Cubby

Single-Sixer
I use tennis racket tape. Cheap and it works for any size handgun!

Cherokee Slim

Bearcat
Our DB9 has a checkered backstrap that would just make your hand raw from shooting it. I put the Hogue sleeve on it and it made all the difference in the world. Well worth the $8 or whatever it was at Amazon.
Cherokee Slim

How does the hogue compare to the standard grip? In terms of recoil management, how well does this work compared to the standard grip? Or other aftermarket grips?

I'm still considering one of these small pocket carry guns.

roylt

Hunter
I have not gotten to the range yet but it adds a bit in your palm area so I figure it should help a bit in control. I use them on my full size pistols and it seems to work. Could be my mind playing tricks too though.

If you don't have one yet I suggest trying the gun by itself first. The Hogue is only 8 bucks so you could try it and if you didn't like it resell here or toss in your drawer or ??

LC9s & s Pro are on sale $309.99 with free shipping. I almost bought two!!

https://www.gunbuyer.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=lc9s

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
How does the hogue compare to the standard grip? In terms of recoil management, how well does this work compared to the standard grip? Or other aftermarket grips?

I'm still considering one of these small pocket carry guns.

Mine seems to soften the recoil more than slightly, but my hand likes it better for the grip itself. I like having a fuller grip.

zuperbal

Bearcat
Hi, I am new to the forum. I just bought a LC 380 with the laser max. Where is the link to the replacement Hogue grip?
Thanks!

NixieTube

Blackhawk
It's on the list. I like the standard grip (with the pinky finger extension) but it is JUST a little too narrow for me. Oddly enough that's one of the reasons I also like the LC9s. I'm glad Ruger started on the thin side. You can always bulk things up, it's a lot harder to make them thinner (and we ALL know this is true, not just in handguns :lol: ) Hogue makes good stuff. I'm buying one.