Lc9 mag?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Has anyone tried Promag or is factory worth the extra? Also 10 round mag??

Basically looking for any and all info on the lc9 mag options.

Also if anyone knows of a good deal on mags appreciate that info as well.

I really think Ruger dropped the ball with only one mag in the box. Semi autos need two if not 3 like current glocks.

Thanks

OldePhart

Blackhawk
I didn't buy any promags when I had my LC9s but if you use the search function you'll find a lot of posts from people who have and were not at all happy with them...

I agree that there should have been two in the box.... but then the whole marketing idea at least from Ruger was that this was supposed to be a back up pistol... strapped to your ankle or such.... and I guess that's the up front reason for only one mag.... then of course the corp. reason is less cost.

After years of just buying any old mag.... I finally realized that life is too short to have crappy mags laying around.... I only buy factory now. The three USA LC9 mags I have work just fine.

tuna

Bearcat
I see a lot of bad reviews on the pro mags, but nothing specific. It's like standard internet bad mouthing with no real data.
I'd much rather buy the pro mag at half cost. I'd just like a reason not to.

roylt

Hunter
I may buy one for range use. Looking for a deal on mags. Got a great deal on the gun. $330 in hand.

websterz

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I keep reading about two different manufacturers making the magazines for this gun. The Italian magazine and the USA magazines. Who are these two manufacturers?
Not sure about the American made mag but the Italian manufacturer is MecGar. Top of the line mags!

roylt

Hunter
Blume is right. Went for Ruger. Cheapthandirt had the deal at 26 bucks.