SR9C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aldebc

Bearcat
Have a opportunity to buy a SR9c for a really reasonable price. My question is, can it be converted to a 40 with a change of barrel?

Trucker

Single-Sixer
Aldebc said:
Have a opportunity to buy a SR9c for a really reasonable price. My question is, can it be converted to a 40 with a change of barrel?

Not that I'm aware of. Why don't you just call Ruger's customer service at Prescott? They would know and they would also know if they had any plans to market that option in the future.

Al James

Hunter
The slide on the SR40c is thicker in several areas. The conversion would be possible if you started with a SR40c and then bought a conversion barrel. Like going from a Glock 23 .40 to a 9mm. The 9mm conversion barrel would be machined to fit in a larger muzzle end OD and also in the chamber/hood. You can only go in one direction with a conversion set-up. Another potential hurtle would be the extractor profile and if a Sr40c slide would cycle 9mm without modifications to the extractor.

I would buy a 9mm barrel for my SR40c....if it works. I'll take one extended and threaded too :wink: So now all we can do is hope for someone to bring it to market.

Latest posts