RUGER SR9 RANGE REPORT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
Well had a chance to shoot the new SR9
Total rounds fired 100 factory Remington FMJ
The gun ran like a champ not one problems.
The only problem for me was getting use to striker fire.
I am a hammer and sear guy (1911) so it took about 40 rounds of different hand position to get the gun to shoot like my 1911's.
I did get it: 12 yard two hand hold unsupported ONE HOLE GROUP
I would like to get the creep out of the trigger other then that it seem to me like shooting a two stage military rifle trigger.
The trigger breaks at 4 1/2lbs with my Gauge
I like the trigger with out the slide attach could live with it so seem the major problem is some were with the srtiker fire system.I have no interest on CC with the SR9 any thing can be done to the top slide ?
I did remove the mag: BLOCK
The gun is a tack driver next step finding a good lead bullet both weight and diameter
Powder I think Win: 231

websterz

Single-Sixer
You won't get a striker fired pistol to break like a hammer fired. Part of the trigger pull is cocking the striker to the rear before releasing it and there's nothing much you can do about that, it's just how it works. Creep and over travel can be mitigated with a Ghost trigger bar replacement.

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
Range Report
I thought I would never get the sr9 to shoot as good as my hammer and sear guns but not giving up and after 350 rounds I will say it is coming along just fine.
I did find 3 excellent loads the gun likes and I have mastered the striker fire system yesterday shot 15 yards two hand hold unsupported nice 2 " group with all 3 loads.
I think the ruger will make a excellent steel plate gun.
I shot both factory and reloads and not a HE-CUP

Latest posts