LC9s USA vs. Italy Magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

randyr5

Bearcat
I got a LC9s a few days ago. It came with a USA made magazine. I bought a second mag online and it is one of the Made in Italy mags. Some differences that I found:

The Italy mag fits nice and flush up against the mag well. The USA mag has a slight gap.
The Italy mag spring is quite a bit stronger than the USA spring.
The Italy mag ejects with a bit more force.

I have read of some having problems with the USA mag. I'll let you know after a range session.

Fatdaddy

Single-Sixer
I've got one of each and I hate to say it but the Italy mag seems to be of higher quality.
The USA mag I have doesn't give a distinctive click when seated.
The Italy mag has a much more finished appearance.
I haven't had any issues with either other than not having the positive mag click, it makes you second guess yourself when seating a mag.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Those Italian magazines are made by MecGar, arguably the best magazine maker in the world. It would be very hard to find better.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
When I had my LC9s it came with one USA mag and I bought 4 Italian ones. The USA mag would release in my IWB holster when I would twist my torso getting in or out of the car. None of the 4 Italian mags did that. The bluing on the Italian mags was much, much better than the bluing on the USA one, as well.

Hey...maybe if Ruger had contracted out the whole LC9s pistol to MecGar I'd still have mine! LOL

John

Both the USA mag that came with mine as well as the two USA mags that I bought from Ruger on line work fine.... can't really figure out where you get the Italian ones... but would like to compare but have to say I have not had a problem with the 3 USA made ones I have.