LC9s and the Armadillo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
I purchased the LC9s last Nov. on Black Friday, fired it today for the first time. Wife spotted an Armadillo crossing the pasture as it went behind a tree. I grabbed theLC9s and walked down close to the tree and found the critter 20 strides south moving along the taller grass. Let off the safety and put the white dots on his back as he moved West. Squeezed the trigger, and bang. Bloodied my left thumb but the Armadillo was doing the dying quivers. Wife says did you get him? Yes, says I, and I can never sell this gun now as it is an Armadillo killing machine. First shot, first kill with this great shooting conceal carry weapon. Used the Federal 115gr. aluminum cased round and very pleased with the combination. Overloadded

Trucker

Single-Sixer
OVERLOADDED said:
Tom W said:
How did you injure yourself? Too high of a two handed hold?
Correct, held like it was my P89. Will change my hold in the future. Overloadded

Isn't it amazing how quickly we can learn at times? :D

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
Another armadillo, this one in a live trap. Dispatched with Single Six, same size as the other one. That is 7 caught/killed for the year. They dig holes in our yard and eat my Night Crawlers. Overloadded

Tom W

Blackhawk
I was surprised at the Federal Aluminum cased rounds when I bought a box before I got my press set up. They shot extremely well out of my Glocks. Still haven't shot any factory loads from my LC9s Pro yet.

toysoldier

Hunter
I was on a guided pheasant hunt when the dogs tore into an armadillo. The guide caught up with them and hollered at me to come shoot the 'dillo as he held the dogs back. Rather than spatter everything with the 12 gauge, I pulled out my LCP and popped it once. "I didn't know you were carrying that" he said. I replied "That's why they call it concealed carry." :wink:

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
Found this in the political section:

Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet
By Lisa Maria Garza | Reuters – 6 hours ago

DALLAS (Reuters) - An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

(Editing by Jon Herskovitz and Sandra Maler)

The best advice I've ever heard about armadillos came from an old friend who was a lifelong hunting and fishing guide in Florida: "Some people say armadilla tastes like chicken, but the longer you chew it the more it tastes like armadilla."

I'm thinking Wife shot him in the jaw, possibly? She told him to say it bounced off an Armadillo or she'd shoot him again.........:) :) :)
Always be aware of your surroundings. Overloadded