P-97

Help Support Ruger Forum:

goose

Bearcat
Hi all, I have a P-97DC in 45acp. Had it for years and always found it to be a reliable firearm. I know, they are not much to look at and also inexpensive, but I never had a problem with the function of the gun, that is until today. Rounds were getting hung up in the ejection port. Not all the time but once in awhile, enough to be annoying. Has anyone else who owns one of these firearms have the same issue?
Thanks........Goose

roylt

Hunter
Define "hung up" a bit more please. Could be a lot of things but we'll help the best we can. Extractor issue or possibly guide rod spring. Have you shot it a lot? Ammo change? Lube issue?

goose

Bearcat
Empty cases would fail to completely eject and get caught in the ejection port. The slide would also fail to stay open after the last shot but that would happen less often. Thanks and I apologize for not being more specific.

roylt

Hunter
Sounds like limp wristing maybe? Have you changed your grip or maybe not shot it in a long time and just getting back to it?

tech4064

Bearcat
See if your recoil spring is larger on one end than the other. If so, it should be installed with the larger end of the spring toward the muzzle of the gun.

If you took it apart to clean it before putting it away last time, you may want to consider the possibility that the recoil spring is installed backwards... I've done this before too, the results being similar to what you're experiencing.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
goose said:
Empty cases would fail to completely eject and get caught in the ejection port. The slide would also fail to stay open after the last shot but that would happen less often. Thanks and I apologize for not being more specific.

Did you get this issue resolved ?