P-nut teaser, KP95DC mod. Updated and complete now with pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I tried to set up a mill to cut slots in my slide but the bit wore out too fast to finish and it turns out my drill press has a bad bearing so it is a little sloppy.

So after roughing the slots in the side of the slide I ended up going over them with files by hand to try and save the project from the trash. I couldn't believe the bit died so fast.

I also modded the decock levers and added a loaded chamber view port.

Hopefully my computer will allow me to download pictures tomorrow.

Until then.... teaser.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

roylt

Hunter
My computer is acting weird but I'll try to get this posted.

Here is the decock lever mod.

roylt

Hunter
Couple passes on my home made endmill. Drill press is used but I moved the table with the slide clamped down so I could yield a smooth side cut. Worked pretty well on the first two cuts but the bit started to fail fast and the head on my drill press is loosing a bearing.

roylt

Hunter
Really not one other P-nut comment? Bad or good.

Oh well, I'll try to do my part keeping the Pguns alive... :)

roylt,

I like the checkering on the decock lever, and the tastefully done loaded chamber port.

I'm not a fan of the front serrations, they seem a little overkill/aggressive. Maybe if they were matched the original ones on the rear of the slide, it would seem to fit better.

Al James

Hunter
+ 1 to laserbait's comments. The port is larger than I am used to seeing and I wonder about case support. Keep up the good work though Roy!

Nice KP95DPR15 BTW! I think that's my all time favorite 9mm P gun.

roylt

Hunter
Yeah the serrations were an experiment that didn't pan out real well. The smallest mill bit I had was 1/8". If I ever do something like that again I will just use files for the whole thing.

As for the loaded chamber port, I have done this on several now and it doesn't bother anything. It is not into the chamber, just the little over hang. Same area the extractor rides in.

I may have to do more decock levers. I really like the look. I have also found myself enjoying the older style that stick out too. I go back and forth.

Thanks,

roylt

Hunter
Forgot. Al, that DPR is home made. Took a new safe model and converted it to DC only. ;)

Al James

Hunter
Good work Roy! They are tough to find when you are looking for one. I have thought about buying a few slides to play with too. Keep it up!

roylt

Hunter
Parts are so expensive now it is ridiculous. My first part kit was a few year ago now but I got every little part included for $50.!!

Al James

Hunter
You aren't kidding! I quit buying parts for all the p guns....now I just buy complete guns. That way I can use the parts till I need them :wink: