Ruger LC9s Pro.....not a bad little 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
smokemup said:
41 Magnum said:
I've been looking at the LC9 Pro, & I think you all just made my decision for me ! Any real issues I should be aware of up front ??

It's not a 10mm...

Why not go .50AE on a shoulder rig with P938 BUG?

Wear cargo pants and facilitate the carry of several mags for each...

IMAG0279_zpsnyxbm9k5.jpg

I'm not sure what would set the mood more...a cocked and locked 50AE desert eagle or that bed spread. :lol:

kraigster414

Bearcat
I bought a brand new LC9s Pro yesterday, range fired today an assortment of factory ammo and reloads (made by me) 150 rounds and used both the US and Italian made magazines.....not one single failure. This gun is a winner. And compared to the Beretta Nano that I had, is a gift from the heavens. I hated the Nano, terrible long and heavy trigger and I couldn't hit a barn door with it. The LC9s Pro is very accurate and easy to shoot.

Toucan

Bearcat
kraigster414 said:
I bought a brand new LC9s Pro yesterday, range fired today an assortment of factory ammo and reloads (made by me) 150 rounds and used both the US and Italian made magazines.....not one single failure. This gun is a winner. And compared to the Beretta Nano that I had, is a gift from the heavens. I hated the Nano, terrible long and heavy trigger and I couldn't hit a barn door with it. The LC9s Pro is very accurate and easy to shoot.

Ditto to all of the above. Best thing I did was dump the Nono.

I'm hoping to run back to the range sometime and empty the magazine in my LC9pro that I've been carrying for the last 8 months.... see if the rust that is forming on the slide has any effect on it's performance as well as the gunk that is probably in it. will be interesting to see how it works.

Sure wish they would come up with a stainless one. I sometimes wonder if the folks that design this are like the folks that design polyester sports shirts... never ever had to live and work in S.C.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
I own two LC9's. Made the mistake of handling a LC9S Pro in a gun store when I was traveling. Within a couple of hours ordered two of them from Buds.

I bought the LC9S because I want a safety available. I took the magazine disconnect out because a friend dropped the mag. the first time he shot it. I added the Galloway stainless guide rod and spring kit and have ordered the Galloway trigger bar. I love this pistol.

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
Tom W said:
I have noticed the barrel loses it's bluing rather rapidly, but it's not really an issue.

Did it do that after you cleaned it a few times? And if so what are you using to clean the barrel?

I use MPro7 right now and have not noticed that on my LC9S Pro ... But I was not looking for that either. I'll check it out the next time I take it down for cleaning.

This pistol shoots pretty good and fits my hand great. I have smaller hands. I normally shoot it at the 25 yard range. I'm doing good just to hit any part of that 17" diameter Shoot N C target at 25 yards. I've only shot this Ruger LC9S Pro pistol about 4 times at the rifle range. I really need to go to an indoor range where I can shoot at 7 yards. But the 25 yard range is FREE and the indoor range charges $20/hr too shoot. And the indoor range is noisy due to the fans trying to get rid of the lead dust in the air. And if there are other people shooting the indoor range gets too loud for me even when I'm wearing my electronic hearing protection. The sounds of gunfire echo off the walls and they don't really have any sound deadening materials on the walls. The concrete block walls are pretty bare and don't absorb a lot of the sound. So it's just too loud for my taste. I'll only use them when it's too cold outside to go to the free rifle ranges or I want to shoot at close up targets.

There is a lot of old strip mined land in my country and a lot of people just go out to these areas and target shoot. There are miles and miles of open land with old strip pits out there. The coal mine still owns the land but they are not actively mining it anymore. They are mining in other areas a few miles away though.

SpicyMcHaggis

Bearcat
dickydalton said:
I bought the LC9S because I want a safety available. I took the magazine disconnect out because a friend dropped the mag. the first time he shot it. I added the Galloway stainless guide rod and spring kit and have ordered the Galloway trigger bar. I love this pistol.

Is that kit worth anything? Thought about getting it since I had two FTF in the first 250 rounds. I understand this kit helps with that. I need to shoot another 250 or so before I go tinkering though, just to see if it works it's itself out.

Tom W

Blackhawk
CoyoteHunter_ said:
Tom W said:
I have noticed the barrel loses it's bluing rather rapidly, but it's not really an issue.

Did it do that after you cleaned it a few times? And if so what are you using to clean the barrel?

I use MPro7 right now and have not noticed that on my LC9S Pro ... But I was not looking for that either. I'll check it out the next time I take it down for cleaning.

This pistol shoots pretty good and fits my hand great. I have smaller hands. I normally shoot it at the 25 yard range. I'm doing good just to hit any part of that 17" diameter Shoot N C target at 25 yards. I've only shot this Ruger LC9S Pro pistol about 4 times at the rifle range. I really need to go to an indoor range where I can shoot at 7 yards. But the 25 yard range is FREE and the indoor range charges $20/hr too shoot. And the indoor range is noisy due to the fans trying to get rid of the lead dust in the air. And if there are other people shooting the indoor range gets too loud for me even when I'm wearing my electronic hearing protection. The sounds of gunfire echo off the walls and they don't really have any sound deadening materials on the walls. The concrete block walls are pretty bare and don't absorb a lot of the sound. So it's just too loud for my taste. I'll only use them when it's too cold outside to go to the free rifle ranges or I want to shoot at close up targets.

There is a lot of old strip mined land in my country and a lot of people just go out to these areas and target shoot. There are miles and miles of open land with old strip pits out there. The coal mine still owns the land but they are not actively mining it anymore. They are mining in other areas a few miles away though.

Actually it came off while shooting. I suppose the slide rubbing across the barrel caused it. It's not rusting or very noticeable, and isn't causing any problems. I use Ballistisol, Kroil, and RemOil when I clean.

SpicyMcHaggis said:
dickydalton said:

Is that kit worth anything? Thought about getting it since I had two FTF in the first 250 rounds. I understand this kit helps with that. I need to shoot another 250 or so before I go tinkering though, just to see if it works it's itself out.

I didn't have any FTFs before the kit or after so I don't know, other than it took about 4 oz. off the trigger pull. I put the trigger bar in and was very happy with the no over travel until yesterday when it took 2 pulls to fire once. I also had a new magazine in at the time and I don't know what happened. I have to test it some more this weekend.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Gee .... Another I fixed it until it didn't work conversation ... What a shock .... :D

REV

dickydalton said:
revhigh said:
Gee .... Another I fixed it until it didn't work conversation ... What a shock .... :D

REV
Actually, I went back and edited that last comment to add the problem because I was fishing for you. It worked perfectly, I see. :-D
OK, I was trolling for revhigh but on the safety side Galloway Precision has pulled the LC9S trigger bar and is recalling them. I got an E-Mail today. If you have one take it out.