Wonderful Treatment from Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dlidster

Single-Sixer
I had such a great experience with Ruger Customer Service today that I felt I had to share it. I called to order a Guide Rod Assembly for my LC9s-Pro. (This is just to have a spare in my parts box. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original.) After giving the CS representative my address, etc., she said she'd have it off immediately. I told her this was not a replacement; that I had called to purchase the assembly as a spare. She said to put away my credit card, Ruger was happy to send it to me at no cost.

It doesn't get any better than this.

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
I can beat that. A few months ago I took apart 2 10/22 mags to give them a good cleaning. I had done it before, but these two just wouldn't go back together right. Tension on spring was always too loose and the drum wouldn't rotate.

So I call Ruger and fess up. Wanted to speak to somebody about what I was doing wrong. The woman on the phone says 2 new mags are on the way, free of charge!

So last week I was messing with the ones I screwed up figuring I could get the tension right. Still couldn't, so I emailed Ruger. Fessed up again. They told me to mail them in for an inspection. I dropped them in the mail on Monday.

Today (Thursday), there's a package. Figured it was the repaired mags. Nope. Two new in packaging mags!

So I screw up 2 old mags, and they send me 4 new ones in their place! And it only took 3 days!

dlidster

Single-Sixer
kbm6893 said:
I can beat that. A few months ago I took apart 2 10/22 mags to give them a good cleaning . . .
Glad that you had the same great fortune. This is off the track for the pistol section of this forum, but I'm going to share it anyway. The little gizmo to which I've provided a link makes taking 10/22 magazines apart and putting them back together so easy you'll have no excuse for not keeping them sparkling clean. I have six 10/22s and 22 magazines. I couldn't live without mine.

http://borelsport.com/product/ruger-1022-magazine-assembly-tool/

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Thanks. I'll check it out. After my last issue, I cleaned all my 10/22 mags in my sonic cleaner. The manual says to spray cleaner into the mags and shake out, so I figured the sonic cleaner that I use for my brass before reloading and a tiny bit of the cleaner couldn't hurt. Shook them out to get out excess water, blasted them with air, then let further dry for a few days. Look good and worked fine.

Zebraranger

Single-Sixer
Rugers customer service is just one of the many reasons I'm a loyal Ruger fan. Four or five years ago I called to ask if they had any sights left for one of my Security Sixes, with every intent to purchase them if they had them. She said they showed two sets left. They sent me a set at no charge. Anytime that I've ever called them (and it hasn't been many), they've always obliged me with the answers that I've needed and done so in a very pleasant manner.