Dirty Ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yawn

Blackhawk
Is it just me, or does most of the FMJ stuff (and I mean most of them, AE - WWB - Blazer - Rem) is just getting dirtier and dirtier? It is getting to the point after a mag or two, the orange on my chamber indicator has turned black. Cleaning my gun following a trip to the range is like trying to clean all the oil out of a 25 year old motor.

Is it just me?

OldePhart

Blackhawk
What and how much lube are you using when you clean the gun? I can shoot two or three boxes of WWB in either 9mm or .40 and cleaning isn't really a big deal. After cleaning your gun it should be almost dry...just the slightest "wipe on/wipe off" trace of lube. The local range uses WWB and Rem for their rental guns and they pretty much never clean the guns...

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
It's just you. :)
My personal, unscientific, unresearched, and unsolicited thought is that most people clean their guns too often.
Well," too often" may be a bit harsh. More like, more often than is needed to keep a gun working flawlessly.

Yawn

Blackhawk
John,

I dont clean my firearm any differently then I did before... Actually, I actually use less lube now a days. It was never an issue. It just seems lately it is. Maybe it is a problem with .45 only rugerguy... Any .45ers seeing the same thing?

Latest posts