Couple of P90 Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TxHighlander

Bearcat
OK, tried a few other 45's, mostly 1911 variants, returned to the P90 as my primary 45. Now I would like to "slick" it up a bit. I have access to an assortment of Wolff springs through a friendly smith, so will probably try a couple. I have looked at the P95 trigger swap and I don't think I need it, I'm one of the oddballs that the P90 trigger fits well. It is a bit sharp-edged though so I will grind down and polish the edges to a nice smooth radius. I may or may not look at a solid stainless guide rod; it's not an expensive replacement and may add a bit of weight to the muzzle. I'm already working on the grips, checkered or carved custom wood being the mostly likely candidate. While the gun is apart for trigger work I will follow all of the recommendations I've read here for polishing, stoning and re-lubing all moving parts. Any thing I'm missing that anyone considers essential to a healthy, and accurate, P90?

My big question concerns sights. I don't like the factory sights, but I also don't care for glow-in-the-dark fiber sights, high-rise adjustable rear sights, etc. I also don't care for the prices that most of today's sights command. One of the things that I really liked about the 1911 platforms were the Novak-style rear sights and a plain patridge-style front sight, with just white dots. I noticed that several parts suppliers sell the Novak rear sight for the SR1911 fairly cheap, and a good smith can alter or fabricate a front sight that will suit me. Does anyone out there know if the SR1911 rear sight will fit the existing dovetail on the P90? Would the rear of the P90 slide have to be milled off a bit to "melt" the Novak sight onto it? The SR1911 has a small flat milled just behind the dovetail to fit the sight properly, so I'm assuming the P90 might need the same? Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Bill Mac in Tejas
aka TxHighlander

roylt

Hunter
I don't have much to add but am very pleased to see someone giving a P-gun some love and attention.

I'm a P-nut.