Glock 43 vs. LC9s Pro ?? Opinions please.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm not an expert to any degree on what I'm about to say, but: speaking of replacement parts for any gun... are we not talking about some form of steel or even now days plastic.... why can't that part be made by a competent gun smith or machinist ? .... how was said part made in the first place at Ruger or Glock?

Most parts could be made relatively easily by someone with the talent and equipment. The cost would be totally dependent on the individual craftsman's going "rate", however.

Parts initially manufactured by certain forging/casting/stamping procedures could get quite pricey if machined from bar stock, of course. And certain springs are quite tricky to do "one-off".

But yeah, that's how they were made long, long ago.

:)

roylt

Hunter
The cost to fix one small part could go higher than just buying a new gun.

Seems people think guns are forever. I have some that I will keep forever but those I shoot all the time I figure have a service life. Sort of like an old car. After so many trips to the grocery store it will leave you stranded. But the many years of enjoyment I got out of it are worth the few hundred bucks. Basically sell to the next guy that can work on it or scrap it.

And back to Ruger, they will (or have for me) replaced a pistol that was damaged beyond repair. I have never heard of a car dealer giving a guy a new car because it was in an accident and not usable.

I do like Glocks but I also like Ruger. Glock was local and a fair price. The LC9sPro is still no where to be found. Sure I could go online but for something this small I really wanted to feel it first.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
For the record I do own and love a tank-like Ruger that may not have factory service available. My 1988 Service Six of which I am only the second owner. I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to shoot thousands of .38's through it for the rest of my days and then pass it on to someone else who would continue to enjoy it.

Just buy what you like and be happy. I'm very happy with both my Service Six and Glock 19.