Ruger Sr9E opinions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I don't own one, but I'm finding it hard to resist. It really does meet all my "essential" criteria at first glance, KISS simple too.

Is it worth a Da#%*?

Armybrat

Buckeye
Thought being from Luckenbach he would be lookin' at a New Vaquero.

Unless of course he's really from Uptown Luckenbach, which means he's in need of a 17+1 to keep all the concert riffraff out.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I've got the market cornered on 44 Vaqueros, I'll not be insulted by the addition of the word "New", thankyou (its a 44 thing, you might not understand). I prefer H&K and Sig Sauer in the semi rhelm, its the price that scares me. Once and a while you get more than you paid for, and sometimes when you pay less, you get more than you bargained for.

Uptown under the chicken crap.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
The SR9E is on the top of my "get one" list. I keep hoping that Ruger will include 2 magazines with it, instead of just one. There's an annual Ruger sale coming up here in Aug, so I'm waiting for that.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I'm going to buy one. I'm hoping its the Bersa Thunder 380 of American Pistolas or as good as the Handi-Rifle. These are good exampes of "Cheap" stuff that works.

I was looking for feedback.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Bud's has 'em - $319 & free shipping:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_1815/products_id/93676/Ruger+3340+SR9E+17%2B1+9MM+4.1%22

Gave my SR9 with three mags to my son several years ago (replaced it with an SR45), but have thought about getting an e, as they're simplified and shoot a lot of bullets. I still have 700+ rounds of 9mm that son didn't get.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about with the .44 Vaquero, but I'm a .357 guy with the wheelguns. My brand new New Vaquero is pretty nice - it goes well with my OM 3 screw BH.
Only have one .44, and that's a S&W Model 29.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Yeah, the wholesale is $289 from Ellett Bro's. They are scary cheap. You can use this figure at Bud's "Make Offer" to get a pretty good deal. Bud's gets deeper volume discounts and many times a dealer or person can get one cheaper from Bud's or Walmart than otherwise. Usually you can knock off $10-$20 by making an offer as long as you know the usual wholesale price.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I have an SR9 and an SR9C and both are excellent pistols and great bargains. The 9E is just slightly simplified version of them but the heart is the same. You won't be disappointed except for the lack of snob-appeal.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Interesting to know the wholesale on those. A couple months ago some dealer (Kentucky or Birmingham?) had a $299.99 price on them, and I almost jumped on it. Kinda regret not doing it then.

The SR45 is my night table gun, and just retired the LCP from 6 years of pocket carry in favor of a new Kahr CT380.

4bf3580147eadaaa1719b6a70d575e4d161d7d5.jpg

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I bought a used one with less than 100 rounds through it here from a local guy for $260 with all the goodies plus some cleaning stuff he threw in. I shout a few rounds through it and it seems decent to me. It is close to feeling a lot like my Glock 17 but the difference is the safety.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Armybrat said:
Yeah, Ruger went all out on those lawyer features for a lot of their guns.
It more than lawyer considerations. Several states have regulations that mandate a loaded chamber indicator, a manual safety or both for any new gun to be sold there.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The 9E is a great deal for working gun owners. That's the customer base that built Ruger. It is striker-fired, of course and has a fixed-height rear blade. IMO it is not "better" than the best (the P345) of Ruger's molded-frame pistols, except in that it carries lots more rounds. But it is a proven design and accurate anti-personnel handgun and it fits easily into one paycheck.
Go get one.

Latest posts