sr40c holsters . . . what I got may not be that good???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

donguido

Bearcat
Holster for sr40c. I just got a SHTF hybrid holster and it's somewhat hard to break in and get comfortable with. Anyone have similar problems. I was wearing it to far front and when I moved it back more on my hip it felt much better but still not the best conceal carry holster I'm thinking. The holster itself fits the gun perfectly but the fit on me is the question. Knowing I am 5-9 and 170 lbs, it should not be that much of an issue.

I also have a bianchi single clip. much smaller . . . easier to put on and take off and I can wear it closer to my stomach without being uncomfortable and it conceals well. I'm sure I'll figure the SHTF holster out but I am somewhat disappointed in it. Anyone have similar experience with the same or similar holsters?

Thanks in advance,
donguido

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Leather backed hybrid holsters like the one you have and other similar makes, take some breaking in to get the leather to conform to your body and soften up as bit. I have a White Hat made hybrid and I wear it so the gun is just behind my hip bone and it's gotten very comfortable worn that way. You could trim the leather backing to shorten the sides and move the clips a bit closer together and that may also help.