Ruger Cust. Service.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

meshugunner

Single-Sixer
Well I blew the barrel on my LCP. My fault, my reloads. Got a squib stuck in the barrel and then fired another round after it. Yes, I'm an idiot. Barrel split open along two sides.

Ruger wouldn't sell me just the barrel. They insisted I send in the whole gun so they could check it out and sent me a prepaid label. Gun went out last Wed. Today I got this email.

After a careful examination of the above referenced pistol, we find it necessary to
replace it at no charge as a gesture of goodwill. Our conclusion is that the firearm
was damaged as a result of an over-pressured round unrelated to the design or
manufacture of the firearm. As a result, we recommend that you contact the
ammunition manufacturer.

"Contact the ammo mfr." no kidding! I almost feel guilty but in my letter to the repair shop I did not hide the fact that I was shooting reloads.

This is the third or fourth time I have sent a gun into Ruger and gotten back way more than I deserved.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Some years back I bought a Model 77(.308 Win) bolt action Ruger rifle. Whenever I shot it, the group would walk up the target as the barrel warmed up. I decided to free float the barrel by removing some wood from under the barrel. Well, I butchered the job and it didn't help the performance of the gun. I boxed up the rifle and shipped it back to Ruger and included a note describing the problem and pointing out it was me that damaged the stock and requesting a price for a new stock. I expected them to fix the rifle and charge me for a new stock. Several weeks later UPS delivered my rifle. It had a new stock and a 50 yard test target with one hole. The invoice stated "repaired rifle no charge".

langenc

Single-Sixer
Couple 'visits' with them this winter..

First-Mark I handgun-about a 1972 ,odel was stovepiping. Ejector was loose and they determined that the barrel was 'loose'. Fixed her all up and she shoots great-no charge.

Later I decided that I needed a new mag spring for one mag, above gun. I ordered spring and some other parts for Mark III-$46 bucks all together.

Turns out the order taker didn't know that mag spring has been discontinued for some time. I think the system should be marked as such and to em when I got a new style spring. I really didn't need any of the $46 without that spring. Had she said "that is discontinued" Id thanked her and hung up-$46ahead.

GhostRider_

Bearcat
I just bought a new LCP that had some extraction issues. I sent the gun back to Ruger and it was returned in about one week. It works perfect with a wide array of 380 ammo (I have a lot of old factory stuff). I would give them a ten out of ten in customer service.

GhosT

Blackhawk
meshugunner,
Yer post put a smile on my face....
Glad to see Ruger taking that extra step to make ya wanna purchase from them again.
:D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
GhostRider_,

QUIT trying to RIDE ME !!!!!!!!
:lol:

GhostRider_

Bearcat
GhosT said:
meshugunner,
Yer post put a smile on my face....
Glad to see Ruger taking that extra step to make ya wanna purchase from them again.
:D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
GhostRider_,

QUIT trying to RIDE ME !!!!!!!!
:lol:

I don't go that way :mrgreen: Nice Handle!!!!

Latest posts