SR9c "PRO" ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buck357

Bearcat
So Ruger came out with the LC9s "Pro", has anyone heard of any rumors of a SR9c "Pro"? Love the gun but hate the "lawyer" safety crap. I know it does not alter function, but I hate the LCI and manual safety. I had one and couldn't get past it and got a Glock 19 that has been flawless, but I love my Rugers (10/22, LCR, gen 1 LCP (which has been a constant companion),and single six) and am jonesing for another SR9c for CCW. I emailed Ruger with the question but 2 months later have no reply. Any thoughts or comments ?

Sonnyd

Bearcat
I haven't heard of it.. I bought a new SR9C on March 17th... and while I'm not crazy about it, I just don't use, like I don't on my Shield....

roylt

Hunter
Welcome to both of you. I am all for a PRO anything. Ask me about my P-series collection .... hint hint. ALL DC only. (well I do have a safety model or three too)

Kennydale

Bearcat
Have SR40C don't use the manual safety and would like to see the magazine safety lost.

Sonnyd

Bearcat
Kennydale said:
Have SR40C don't use the manual safety and would like to see the magazine safety lost.

Did they change the magazine disconnect on the newer models?? Mine will fire without the magazine...I have the model without the hole
in the rear plate on the side.....

mn_doggie

Bearcat
Sonnyd said:
Kennydale said:

Did they change the magazine disconnect on the newer models?? Mine will fire without the magazine...I have the model without the hole
in the rear plate on the side.....

If it fires without the magazine then someone already removed the mag disconnect which simply blocks the striker from moving fully forward to contact the primer when you pull the trigger..

Probably what you are seeing it normal correct operation.

Sonnyd

Bearcat
Well, it's bone stock from Ruger, maybe that's an "upgrade" on the newer ones. I've done away with it on some older S&W models that I have

mn_doggie

Bearcat
Sonnyd said:
Well, it's bone stock from Ruger, maybe that's an "upgrade" on the newer ones. I've done away with it on some older S&W models that I have

All of the SR series including the 9e still have mag disconnects installed at the factory.

Have you actually had a round chambered, removed the mag and fired a round? That would be the only way to tell.

On the SR series, you can pull the trigger when the mag is removed and the striker will move forward. The mag disconnect (if it is installed correctly) will prevent the striker from moving fully forward. The sound made is just like the sound if you put and empty mag in place and pull the trigger without a round in the chamber.

However, per the manual, dry firing without a mag installed with ultimately peen teh striker collar and could potentially resuylt in light strikes.

Sonnyd

Bearcat
mn_doggie said:
Sonnyd said:

All of the SR series including the 9e still have mag disconnects installed at the factory.

Have you actually had a round chambered, removed the mag and fired a round? That would be the only way to tell.

On the SR series, you can pull the trigger when the mag is removed and the striker will move forward. The mag disconnect (if it is installed correctly) will prevent the striker from moving fully forward. The sound made is just like the sound if you put and empty mag in place and pull the trigger without a round in the chamber.

However, per the manual, dry firing without a mag installed with ultimately peen teh striker collar and could potentially resuylt in light strikes.

Well, No, I haven't done that.... I really never thought to do it, because everything else I have i.e. Old S&W's you just get an empty trigger pull.... I'm sure mine has the disconnect then....

websterz

Single-Sixer
I pulled the mag safety out of my SR9 full size before I ever fired a shot. It's in the case if I ever decide to sell it…which I won't. :)

Sonnyd

Bearcat
Forgot to mention I removed the Mag disconnect....took about 3 minutes maybe, LOL....Much happier now....

Tom W

Blackhawk
I went to Gander Mountain Yesterday and they had one for me to fondle. Their list price is the same as on Ruger's website, with the standard LC9s about $40 cheaper. I'm rounding up stuff to trade and sell, because the LGS said they could get me one for around $370 something plus tax.... I sure fits just fine in my pocket, and the new little single stack 9mm Glock isn't available yet.....so I can't do a hands on comparison. I did compare it to the S&W Shield, and the models that I tried had gritty feeling triggers..

:oops: oh, I misread. I thought it was about the LC9s Pro :oops: