LCP trigger pull

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louchia

Single-Sixer
I am thinking of buying a LCP380. I have read several comments about the trigger pull being long and stiff. I have also read that the newer models have a noticeably lighter trigger. Does any one know what the trigger pull measurers at? Also is there a mag safety ? being that there is no hold open feature after the last round, I think this is important.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
It's actually called an LCP. I have owned and carried one for 7 years. Most of the things you say are true. For me though the positives outweigh the negatives. It's hard to find a better more reliable pocket gun. The one really bad thing for me is that the gun beats me up at the range. It's just not fun to shoot. In seven years, I have fired fewer than 300 hundred rounds through it as opposed to thousands out of my other guns.
Recently I purchased a S&W Bodyguard and I think it handles recoil better, has usable sights, gives you second strike capability which is a huge asset in a self defense gun, has in my opinion a smoother, non stacking trigger, and still weighs only 11 1/2 oz. you might give that a look.

ammo dave

Bearcat
I have both models. Neither one has a magazine safety. The primary difference in the trigger for the new model is that the length of pull is shorter. On my old model the trigger pull is 1.0"; the new model has a .6" pull. Weight of pull on both models is the same at about 6.5 lbs. The new model also has better sights.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The original LCP was a copy and improved version of the Kel Tech P3AT. The LCP was designed with a manual hold open, which is a very nice feature for this pistol. The pistol has no external safeties so the original design had a long double action trigger for safety. Then Ruger kept improving it, finally adding a shorter trigger stroke to increase market share. I agree with buckshotshorty, a look at the S&W might be a good idea.

Nano65

Bearcat
I have a new Gen 2 LCP. Before I shot it the first time I treated it to a Hogue Handall sleeve. With that it is very comfortable to shoot. My wife loves to shoot it. The trigger pull is not a problem at all and the gun is very accurate. We now have 313 rounds down range with no malfunctions. It is a lot more comfortable to carry than my Nano. I carry it almost every where I go.