Galloway Precision Smooth it Kit 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

aleric

Bearcat
On March 18 I ordered the Smooth It Kit 1 for my SR-9 (born 04/2015) from Golloway Precision. I found the bubble lines package in the mailbox today. That is fast service!

The Kit consisted of two replacement springs. A trigger bar spring and a striker blocker spring. The parts were easy to install and the difference to the trigger was noticeable. I don't have a trigger gauge handy but I would estimate that the weight has been reduced by at least a full pound.

The biggest difference was the feel of the trigger pull. Before the install the trigger was a little "stagey". I could feel the Striker block being pushed out of the was at the beginning of the pull. the trigger would then travel to the let off where it would "stack" (add additional weight to the trigger pull just before the release).

The trigger is now smoother. Both of the above issues are gone. The trigger pull is very consistent from start to release. After taking the slack from the beginning of the trigger pull the trigger traveled is approximately 1/4 of an inch to let off. I have not fired the pistol but the pencil down the barrel test launches said pencil.

All told I am very impressed with the modification. It cost about $25 with shipping and was money well spent.