Need Barrel link and pin for a P89

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KEN TN

Bearcat
One of my new co workers told me today he has a P89 but the pin and link were worn and he lost the link when he took it apart. Any idea where I might find one. Numrich and Midway are both showing out of stock or discontinued. I know Ruger has stopped making many of these P series parts.

Appreciate any help.

Ken

loaded round

Hunter
I had a similar problem when I lost a pin for a 1911 (not the link pin however) and I made one out of an old drill bit. Locate a drill the proper size and cut to fit and clean/polish the ends. Steel drill bits are cheap and less than two bucks from Brownell's. Hope this helps your friend.

roylt

Hunter
There are two different links depending on vintage. If his guide rod has a nipple on the end that engages the link it is the older style and he should be able to use a P85 or older 93 link as well as 89. If it is the newer style without the nipple on the rod end he could use one from a newer 93 or 94 model as well as the 89.

Not real sure but I think the links for the P90 are the same too. (old and newer style)

With this said I would call Ruger. This part was used across several pistols and I bet they have stock. Look up the part number in the back of the manual.

Keep the P-Guns alive!!

welder

Buckeye
Yes, call Ruger. I did just that a few weeks ago for an out of stock item for my P90. The link and pin should still be available at Ruger even if not listed.