best iwb holster around $30?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i know that isn't much money but it's all i have left after buying my gun a lc9s. i will save later for a real good holster but need a good holster to get me by till then, which will be about 6 months or so. what is the better ones for this price?, i have checked my self and i can't figure it out. this is my first auto in years and my very first to conceal. what works best for you or has worked that comes in the price range? i so far have found two and that is tagua and barsony that i have heard of but i know there are a lot of others. thanks to everyone who can help.

hittman

Staff member
I'd put a "Want to Buy" ad in the classified section here and see what pops up.

nekvermont

Buckeye
May I suggest checking out the "Sticky Holster" or the "Remora" holster. You may like them so much you won't want anything else. I use a Sticky everyday for a firearm that is bigger and heavier than the Lc9s and like it a lot. I think Remora has a sale right now for about $17. Good Luck!

Greg Mercurio

Single-Sixer
Blackhawk! neoprene size 1. Around $15 most places. Comfy and very secure. More secure than it looks. I carry daily and believe me, the lack in bulk is appreciated. I use the left hand version for right hand draw from the small of my back. Sounds awkward, but isn't in practice.

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Holsters-Duty-Gear/Holsters/Concealment/Nylon/Nylon-Inside-the-Pants-Holster-without-Retention-S.aspx

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Kestrell Holsters provide a top of the line holster for exactly $30. Selection is limited but he does do the Ruger LC9s.

http://kestrelholsters.com/product/iwbwiththumbbeltclip/

MrEarle

Bearcat
Check out Kusiak, super fine quality and fit. http://www.kusiakleather.com

doberman

Bearcat
Unless you are dead certain how you will end up carrying your gun, I'd suggest the Sticky or the Remora. Either one will allow you to place the gun nearly anywhere along your waistband. This will let you figure out how and where you actually want to carry your weapon. Even after you decide, you will keep the "temporary" holster around just for its versatility. I have 3 Stickys and 1 Remora. Just ordered a N82 Professional yesterday. I have 3 guns that I carry.....a Kahr P380 (Nemesis or Sticky), SR9C DLC coated(Remora or Sticky), and a Shield 9 (Sticky or the N82 once it arrives). I have a few other holsters that I have no idea why I bought and will never use. I'm just telling you that the Sticky and Remora holsters are easy, comfy, versatile, and not that expensive. They are a good place to start.....and many like them so much they stay there.

eveled

Hawkeye
http://shootingsystems.com/concealment_holsters/inside_the_waistband_belt_clip_holster_iwb/

These are actually pretty nice. Made out of a material very similar to seat belt material, but several layers. Quite soft, and pads the sharp edges of the gun. The clip is very secure, but comes off, to make it lefty or righty, cross draw or strong side. Or leave it off to use it as a pocket holster.

Toucan

Bearcat
I just purchased a Flashbang holster called the" Betty" for my LC9S Pro. Kydex,tuckable and conceals well. Picked it up on e-bay for about $33, but suggest you look around for other deals.

LarryBG

Bearcat
I have no suggestions on your first holster but I'm hoping that you will be able to get a better holster soon. A good quality holster and belt make a world of difference to comfortable carry. It's hard to explain but once you get a good rig, you'll understand.

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Boomer,

P.M. Me your name and address. I can send you a really nice little carry holster, leather, in a couple of days. I am currently out of town but will send it as soon as I get home. It is custom made, Herman Oak leather. Do you have a color preference? Black or Dark Brown? Also I need to know if you are right handed or left handed? Are you going to carry it on your strong side, or as cross draw?

This will get you by until you find your dream holster and are able to save up for it.

It will, of course, be my Pleasure to send this to you as a gift/karma. :D

Cathy aka Viking Queen

P.S. Save that $30 for ammo!

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
I like Aliengear... I bought one to try the original brown model and have had it for 4 years now.
I love it with my SR9C.
I mentioned them to a friend and he got the new cloak tuck 3.0; after fondling his; am now getting the 3.o version.

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Holsters-Duty-Gear/Holsters/Concealment/Nylon/Nylon-Ambidextrous-Multi-Use-Holster.aspx

I use this holster for both my Ruger LC9S Pro and my Walther's PPQ M2 pistols. One holster is size 5 and the other is size 6. I can't remember which is which right now but the Ruger Lc9S Pro could use a little bit smaller holster if they make one. I could not figure out what sizes they make. I found my holster on sale at the local WalMart. Note: it's truly ambidextrous and can be worn IWB or OWB with or without the Nylon Plastic Retention Straps. I put the Straps on my two holsters to make sure that the gun's don't fall out when I'm out fishing in the boat or doing other things that require me to bend over or move around.

One thing I didn't like is that the front sights on the LC9S Pro get hung up in the nylon part of the holster right at the top opening when I tried draw the gun out. There is a ridge of material at the opening that tends to grab ahold of the front sights.

BTW: I wear this holster OWB mostly. I've not really tried it in the IWB style IIRC. But I have an Alien Gear Tuck 3.0 holster that I'm using right now and I highly recommend the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 holster. It's and IWB type holster with two clips to hold the holster on your belt. You can wear a shirt over the holster and tuck the shirt tail into your pants over the holster. That's why they called it the "Cloak Tuck". They cost more than $30 though. But I would recommend that you wait a bit and save up some more money before you buy a holster and then check out the Alien Gear Holsters. I think it cost me a total of $52.83 total with sales tax and shipping for the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 model. The Shells are replaceable and you can exchange the shells if you get a new gun. I think I paid and extra $12.88 just for the shell for my LC9S Pro. The Tan Leather Cloak Tuck 1.0 Holster cost me $37.88 for my LC9S Pro pistol Shell and the two standard Nylon Clips. I ordered some additional Black Leather Belt Loops for the holster and they cost me Nothing. There was no charge on the invoice sheet for them. The various types of plastic clips and belt loops can be attached or removed with a small allen wrench which they provide with other sized rubber spacers. One can tighten the shell down tighter for better retention or loosen the screws up for less retention. There are three different sized rubber spacers that go between the holster and the shell. Shorter spacers for better or tighter retention of the pistol in the holster and longer spacers for less retention. And the clips can be put in one of there different vertical holes in the holster to change the depth of the holster IWB or the cant or both. There is a 30 day money back guarantee and they are guaranteed for life if anything breaks. So they say. I've not personally tried to get them to replace anything on my holsters yet. But then again I've not needed any repairs.

I'll add some more. I bought and tried the Alien Gear Cloak MOD OWB holster which I can conceal by wearing a untucked shirt to cover the gun/holster up. OWB IMHO is much more comfortable to wear than the IWB holsters that I have. And I have all three of the Alien Gear IWB Cloak Tuck Holsters plus the Alien Gear Cloak SLIDE OWB leather Holster which I love. I wear this one each time I get out of the house and also while out working in the yard cutting grass. I just cover it up with a light weight button up short sleeve fishing shirt that I wear over a regular white T shirt and leave it un-buttoned and un-tucked. It hide the gun holster well and I can easily get to the gun if I need it.

Adjust your clothing if you have to in order to carry your gun the way you are most comfortable.

Tam-Lin

Bearcat
My LC9S lives in a Blackhawk size 1 and it's handy for ready storage and ok for light carry but it's not that secure as far as retention if I'm being active. For about 40 bucks on Amazon I got a Desantis Invader, which is a tuck-able hybrid that uses a neoprene backing pad. Since I don't want to use a leather holster, my hybrid choices are limited but I'm pretty happy with the Invader - it has good retention and conceals well and is comfortable. It's my first hybrid holster and I'm definitely sold on the concept.
http://www.desantisholster.com/INVADER/

Desantis also makes the Intruder for the LC9, which is the same but with a leather pad.
http://www.desantisholster.com/INTRUDER/

If I had been willing to spend twice as much on a hybrid I would have gotten the StealthGear Onyx, which uses a breathable backer. I may get one of these for a larger pistol I have, especially once I move south to warmer climes.
http://stealthgearusa.com/products/sgusa-holsters-for-the-ruger-lc9-lc380-lc9s?variant=1951535940

alexcue

Bearcat
fixitfred said:
Alien Gear.

I like it, but there are more compact ones. for a little bit over that I went with the Foxx "little fox". Love it for my Ruger and Glock. Extremely comfortable. The Alien Gear is just a little less so.