My First Glock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Since the Glock topic I started was so long http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=216832 I figured I'd put the before and after pics here instead of making someone wade through all the posts.

Well here it is, G22, 3rd Generation, police trade in:

Put and extended slide release, extended mag release, 3.5 lb connector, it had 3 dot night sights but they were getting weak so I put on XS Big Dot night sights. The frame is Sig Dark Gray, slide is Blue Titianium. It's kinda hard to see the color difference in the pics but up close it's evident. It probably didn't NEED to be coated but I have a lot of black guns so I did something different.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Great find. I'd be worried about a lot of police trade-ins but not a Glock...I don't think you can wear one out (okay, that's an exaggeration, I know of a couple of very active IDPA shooters who have indeed worn them out).

I loveses my Glocks, though. I had one of the very first G22's back about 1990. One of the first run that creased brass terribly and would occasionally stovepipe (a little rounding of the ejection port edges fixed both issues...and .40 brass was scarce as hen's teeth back then). I had the LGS send it off for magna-porting during California's stupid 15-day waiting period. After correcting the ejection port I put probably between 10k and 12k rounds through it shooting (unsanctioned) action pistol competition with literally not one single malfunction. It wasn't worn out but when I moved to Texas there wasn't much of a local action pistol scene at the time and I needed some money so it went bye-bye.

I'm on my 3rd G22, this one a Glock 22C I bought in 2005. It too has a 3.5 pound connector and a good action job, and TFO sights. It hasn't had anywhere near as hard a workout as that first one because I have so little time to shoot, these days.

Just in the last three weeks I picked up a Glock 26 and put TFX sights on it and did an action job (though without changing to the light connector, since it's my carry weapon). It's everything the bigger guns have been...just smaller.

welder

Buckeye
Good work and a fine looking gun. My first Glock, an early Gen3 (G19) was a police trade in, refurbished by the factory and had new night sights installed when I bought it. It is still my main carry gun and has never had the first malfunction. None. Ever. Although I don't know the exact round count, it's made many a trip to the range and is carried daily with complete confidence.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
That came out good Ron!! I have a 22 that is an early 3rd Gen without the finger-grooves. Utterly reliable, and now, really a part of history with the design. Very utilitarian.

You have spruced up your piece very well. A little contrast never hurts being they are fairly simple looking. I am liking the black barrel. :)

If you get a chance to pop a pic in a little better light with the mag in, wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.

Once again, great job. :)

Al James

Hunter
Looks good! I would be curious to see those colors in person! I too, like Welder, am quite enamored with the G19 :wink:

one bullet said:
That's really nice. Will the frame finish wear and allow the black to show?

If it does, then I didn't do my job correctly :D . No, actually over a period of time (years) it will wear like any thing else would, especially because it is a polymer. With the sniper gray, the black showing through will make it look "battle worn" and I think will add to the appearance rather than to detract from it.

wixedmords - once it gets a bit nicer (weather wise) around here I plan on getting more pics on a nice sunny day.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
I own one Glock. the G20, because Ruger doesn't have a 10mm semi auto. feels just like a cement block in my hand. not nearly the ergonomics of the SR's.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
Nice gun. That SN puts it outside of Glocks less than stellar moments. Its the best of the Glock hang on to it.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Wow, that 22 looked sharp when you got it and now looks awesome with the coating work. Around here most ex-PD Glocks are just awful looking but shops still want $350-400.00 for them. No thanks!!

I have two gen. 4 Glocks, a 19 and a 26. Both of them wear Storm Lake barrels and Ghost Edge connectors. 99% of my shooting is with lead bullets and the Storm Lake tubes are perfect for that. The Ghost Edge connector changes the feel of the trigger pull from a creepy single action to a light and smooth double action. I also reshaped the pointy finger bumps on the grips to a more shallow, rolling hills profile and added factory adjustable rear sights.

Well, here is my first shots from it (1 15 round magazine). Standard ball ammo (170 gr FMJ). Two handed hold from 15 yards (I have never shot a Glock before). There was one flyer (barely broke the 9 ring at the 6 o'clock position). It was my second shot and I called it as soon as I pulled the trigger:

gtrmkr

Bearcat
Gun looks AWESOME!!! Shoots good too!!! I love my Glock pistols as well, they are reliable and I can shoot a Glock pistol more accurately then any other pistol for some reason?

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If you've never shot a Glock before, your groups will definitely tighten up as you get used to it. Mine sure did. Hint: don't treat it like a single action or any sort of target gun because its not. Hold the pistol with a firm grip, focus on the front sight and give the trigger a firm press. The Glock is a combat pistol and works great when you shoot it like one.

Backlighting

Single-Sixer
I've had my Glock 22 since they first hit the shelves...I believe that was in 1990.
It still functions flawlessly. It's the last firearm I would part with.

Latest posts