Do you trust your LC9s as a carry gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Update on my above update:

Yesterday the pistol passed the 'drop test'... I was doing some work outside... redoing the water line to the roof garden that it seems I did not drain in time one night this past winter ... and so I had my tool belt on along with the pistol in an inside the waste band holster.... some how squatting down on the ground this allowed the holster to ride up and come loose... was walking through the house past my wife sitting at the kitchen counter and all of a sudden Kaplopp!.... pistol and holster are laying on the floor. I did decide to eject the chambered round and re-chamber a round after this... just not so sure about that extra light striker cock....

Oldephart: You de-man.... there's no way I can shoot a handgun that many times in one visit to the range.... so, I must be the old one..... then again it might be more the burning sensation I get in my wallet after about one box.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
palmettosunshine said:
I do! I polished the feed ramp the day I bought it and after a good cleaning and lubing with froglube, I took it to the range. 50 flawless rounds and it now rides in my pocket everyday. Sometimes its my primary, other times it's my backup, but it's always in my pocket.

I know some people won't carry a gun until it has 300-500 flawless rounds through it but I'm not one of them.

Personally, I prefer to put 400 trouble free rounds downrange before trusting a weapon. However, I think you are on the right track. If your first box of 50 rounds is flawless, my feeling is that you have a good one. Still a few rounds of any different carry ammunition would be a wise precaution.