sr45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I've had mine for about a year and a half, bug free. Someone on another forum just said he bought one from cdnn, and he said it shot great.

Al James

Hunter
I bought mine 2 years ago in June and it has been 100%. I just went over 1000 rounds through it without any failures. I did have an issue with one of the mags not holding the slide open on the last shot. I called Ruger and they sent me a new mag at no charge. Good luck if you get one!

Yawn

Blackhawk
Well, I was going to open my own thread, but I can post it here. I did just by an SR45 in the last few weeks. Finally got a chance to head to the range today. Wow... I have never shot as well with a firearm than I did with this Firearm today! I was dropping double tap center mass shots with a third follow up to the head... over and over. I was even putting them through the record boxes on the sides! The gun was so smooth to shoot. Seating the mag wasn't always as easy as I would like it to have been with one of the mags, but that really was the only problem. American Eagle FMJ and Winchester PDX1 Hollow point... no issues and no problems! I will say that the American Eagle Ammo ran really dirty this time around. I have been using their FMJ ammo almost exclusively for years, but these last two boxes made the gun really dirty. It was even kicking back powder on my arm every once in a while. When I cleaned the gun, it looked like I shot 1000 rounds. It was easy to clean, but just a lot more dirty than normal.

I seriously cannot say enough how great this gun is!! And, it fits my SR9 Crossbreed Supertuck holster!!! It is my carry weapon.

Al James

Hunter
Glad you like your Sr45 Yawn! Now if they would introduce a SR45c, all would be well. :wink: