SR9 owners - preferred OWB holster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I'm about to spring for a SR9, and along with that a OWB holster and 2 mag pouch. I've been surfing the net for a holster and have gotten totally lost. Too many choices that I know nothing about. I'm asking for opinions on type and manufacturer. One of the options I'm considering is a clipon style, but also open to others. Cost (within reason) is not an obstacle. Prefer something durable that won't cause excessive wear on the gun, comfortable for an old guy with a moderate beer belly, is easy to draw and reholster, but still secure.

Please advise. :)

I have a Bianchi 105 for both my SR9 and SR9c and I like it. Safariland also makes a similar one, the 527. I a big guy also with a bit of a dunlop also and it is very comfortable to carry. I carry the double mag pouch on my left side.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Take a look at the Mitch Rosen leather holsters at the Ruger store, i have carried my SR40c in one for almost 4 years, it is comfortable and durable. They are $74.95 but you get a 20% discount if you register a new firearm online. I have five different ones for various Ruger pistols and they have all worked really well and show vary little sign of wear.

kwh

Bearcat
nelsonholsters.com. Handmade, several different styles. Will answer all questions.

MikeMcD

Bearcat
I went through the fever of wanting a good holster. I, too, liked the Mitch Rosen idea on the Ruger website. But I could not afford it. So, I looked at leatherworking websites and youtube and made my own. Then I made others... gifts etc. Then the GP100, the XD45, and more. That's what happens in MN when you are stuck inside for 4+ months in the winter. You putz or languish.

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
This guy makes awesome holsters! And the price can't be beat!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-SR-9-hi-rise-leather-holster-black-/140428225612

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
I have the Mitch Rosen, about 2 years old now- love it. Oh, it's for the 9c though. I have a cheap Tagua belt-slide, cheap? think it was 28 bucks. Simple, effective- looks pretty good, too.

str8shot

Bearcat
i love my mitch rosen from ruger.
hugs my body and is reasonably secure for not having any retention device.
i forget its there most of the time and its my edc

aleric

Bearcat
I'm using two OWBs. Both are leather kydex hybrids. The primary is a Galco Tac Slide that leaves the muzzle exposed. works with my SR-9 and SR-9c.

The second is the Alien Gear OWB. It keeps the full size SR-9 higher on the belt and tight to the body.

tcme64

Bearcat
I have a SR40C and use the Galco TAC SLIDE BELT HOLSTER. They make it for the SR9 also. I love mine. Hangs tight to my side. Great holster