1st range visit LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckeyedave

Bearcat
Today I finally made it to the range to fire the new LCP. New meaning almost 3 months old! Geesh that little thing kicks! It actually hurt the webbing between my thumb and trigger finger. The indoor range was cold so I didn't mind putting shooting gloves on.

I thought it had a last round hold open. My mistake I guess.

Dave

buckeyedave

Bearcat
Nano65 said:
The Hogue grip will make the LCP a lot more comfortable to shoot. Get one and you will see what I mean.

Thanks for the tip. I did a search out here and saw that could help. I also went on YouTube and heard the same thing on some videos.

Did you also try the Pearce finger extension? My understanding is that it is longer than the Ruger one and makes for a better grip on the gun.

Dave

Nano65

Bearcat
Dave, I have used the magazine as it came with the minimal extension and found the grip OK. I also bought a Ruger 7 round mag. For a really good grip that is the way to go. If I buy another mag it will be another 7 round.

Ken

buckeyedave

Bearcat
While I was out today I passed a LGS and stopped in and got both the Hogue grip and Pearce extensions. I put them on when I got home and both feel good. Next will be a range trip to try them out.

Ken, I didn;t didn't see your reply till after I got home but thank you.

Thanks guys.

Dave

buckeyedave

Bearcat
Finally made it to the range today. And the addition of the Hogue grip and the Pearce extensions made a big difference in the feel. I didn't feel like I had to ice my hand!! lol It's certainly not my go to range gun but at least now acceptable ( to me ) to keep as a cc gun.

Thanks to all.

Nano65

Bearcat
Glad to read the good report. I have never shot my LCP without the Hogue grip so I guess I don't really know how it kicks. Not sure I want to know.

GMack

Bearcat
Didn't like it when I bought it, difficult to get a tight group at 25 feet.
I put the Hogue grip on, Pierce extensions, Wolfe 11lb spring & RTK trigger.
The gun is now easier to hold and shoot, can keep 6 rounds in a 2" circle at 25 feet.
I tried a 1/4" split ring as recommended by a few people on forums and at the range...30-40% misfires so I would not recommend on a no dash serial number gun.