P94/P89 trigger swap pics added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
Just finished putting a P949mm trigger in my P89. Wow, what a difference. I picked up the P94 trigger on Gunbroker for $14 while I was looking for a P95 trigger for the swap. None were offered so I thought I'd roll the dice and try the 94.
The P94 trigger has the same finger curve as the P95 but considerably more metal, although the link grove is already there on the 94. About an hour and a half, a couple files and some polishing afterwards and it's a go. I believe I may make the swap for one of my P90's, provided I can come up with another P95/P94 trigger.
I've read about this modification for a while and always liked the pictures I've seen posted here and on other forums so I thought I'd try it. I'm glad I did and it makes the P89 feel much better, at least in my hand. There were no mods to the gun at all and I can drop the original trigger back in if need be but I believe I'll keep it this way.
I wished I'd picked up a few of the P95/P94 triggers back in the day.

Viva the P guns! :D

roylt

Hunter
Post picks of the trigger if you have them. Seems like I thought about it but for some reason didn't do it. The 94 trigger is more avail than the 95 trigger. The 95 just drops in so everyone seems to do it at some point.

Pictures would be appreciated though for sure. In and out of the pistol please.

Congrats on making your P-gun better too!

welder

Buckeye
Here you go Roylt:
Some pics:

Stock P94 trigger on left, on right after a bit of hand machining.

Another view

Installed in the P89

Two of my P guns

roylt

Hunter
Sweet. Thanks for posting. Where did you get the display rods? I asked a Ruger rep to send me some but he drifted away with no reply after a few back and forth messages.

welder

Buckeye
Thanks Roylt.

The prop rods were free from my LGS a few years ago. He has what he calls "Ruger days" where a factory rep spends the day and gives out freebies, shows new models, answers questions etc. . He does this with many manufacturers. I was not there for the rep visit but was shopping a few days later when I saw a cardboard box on the floor full of prop rods marked "free", along with catalogs. I picked up 6 or 7 and gave all of them away except for the two you see here. Had I known what I know now I'd have picked up several more. There were probably 100-150 in the box. :?

roylt

Hunter
Yeah, hind sight. But you don't want to be greedy either. Wish I had a local gun shop that was big enough to have Ruger stop by. That would be cool for sure.

welder

Buckeye
If you won't laugh too loud, I'll confess that I did not know what a prop rod was. I thought they were some left over packaging or plugs for something. :oops: I only learned what they were when I saw one in a pic on this forum in the classified. Since then I have seen other brands but none offered for sale or free. One gun shop I visit had a bunch of (Taurus?? I think) displayed with them once.

roylt

Hunter
You got to learn somewhere, why not here. HAHA (oh wait you said not loud, haha)

welder

Buckeye
Yeah the lessons here aren't to harsh, pretty good guys for the most part. :D They make a little room for the uninformed.

roylt

Hunter
Looking at your sign on date you got 3 years on me. Almost to the day. I hadn't hardly touched a gun of any type back in 2007.

welder

Buckeye
Well, I grew up with them around always, my dad had a Ruger Bearcat that I still have and a S&W .38 he got for my mother to keep in the home. We had a Mossberg 195 20ga in the closet. We shot a little now and then but I didn't really get that interested in them until my 40's. I was working with some guys who shot a lot and invited me along and to the LGS. I came to like the "gun people" and made many new friends. The rest is history, as shooting, reloading and a little collecting are my main hobbies. The boats and cars are gone but the guns and an old tractor or two get about all my free time. And far too much of my cash.

roylt

Hunter
We sound a lot alike but I still have my motorcycles and raising my kids so my cash has to spread around a bit more.