First range trip with CZ 75 B

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So last week I just got a new to me CZ 75B. What a great gun. I love the finish on it. This one was made in 2006 and I found the original receipt in the owner's manual. It cost $480. I paid just a little more for it with 6 total magazines and a crimson trace laser grips. (didn't test them out this trip)

Here is a picture of it I posted in the Gallery last week.
20150211_135225.jpg

Anyway, I only brought 100 rounds of Remmington factory 115 grain ammo. Very nice first impression. No recoil to speak of, not too loud, and the empties were pretty consistent in the same spot back to my right about 7 or 8 feet.

Accuracy? Well, let's just say I am not used to semi auto pistols. at 25 yards I was on paper. At 15 yards I was completely in the black and the group was pretty good. At 7 yards the group was acceptable. It is just a pistol that will take some getting used to. But since it's pretty fun to shoot that won't be a problem.

What sort of groups are y'all getting with your 9mm? Are these pistols designed for 25 yards? Or am I dreaming?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Kevin said:
Are these pistols designed for 25 yards? Or am I dreaming?

If you buy a new one from CZ it will come with a target shot at the factory at 25m. I can produce some very good targets at 45' to 50' and mostly shoot at 'things' at 25 yards or meters. They are a great gun, the CZ 75 series is a fine one. I own a "few" LOL.

Al James

Hunter
Good looking pistol! Sounds like you did well on the price! If you figure mags at $25/ea and the grips at $200 sounds like you scored! CZ-75's are an excellent pistol design. A little heavy for concealed carry but excellent range guns. With a low bore axis and all steel construction they are a very soft shooting 9x19. They are known for excellent accuracy so I'm sure your groups will improve with more practice.

Thanks. Yes I wish I had brought another 100 rounds. The first 50 or so we're almost wasted just getting used to the gun. My last magazine went really well. Not a single failure or any kind.

I've seen those LPA brand rear sights...they are adjustable. I might consider one in the future.

And just to be clear the 480 was what the original owner paid my cost was good but not a complete steal.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
In my experience the Remington 115gr ammo (UMC green box) isn't particularly accurate (YMMV). It's not terrible but I would never use it to judge the accuracy of a pistol.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Kevin said:
I've seen those LPA brand rear sights...they are adjustable. I might consider one in the future.

Before you spend money on sights PM me, I can recommend some for CZ's depending on what you want the gun to do.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Kevin said:
The LPA adjustable sights are very good and are the OEM sight on the CZ85 Combat as well as on other makes of guns in rebranded form. I installed them on a CZ85B (ambidextrous version of the 75B) and was very pleased with the results. Be aware that you need a specific LPA rear sight for the CZ75/85 series as it has to be high enough to clear the rear of the slide and requires a matching higher front sight.

PebblePimp

Bearcat
OldePhart said:
In my experience the Remington 115gr ammo (UMC green box) isn't particularly accurate (YMMV). It's not terrible but I would never use it to judge the accuracy of a pistol.

+1

WWB seems to be slightly better than UMC. Good enough for plinking, though.

My CZ-75b duo-tone will do one ragged hole at 7 to 15 yards. At 25 yards I'm all in the 10 ring. Breathing, trigger control and grip will dictate your groups. Mine is from 2003.

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
One of the best of the 9mm auto pistols. Really starts to shine after a thousand rounds or so.
Three inch or so, groups at 25 yards should be doable.

Latest posts